Author Topic: California to unveil plan tomorrow that will see gas cars BANNED by 2035 and force all new cars sold  (Read 651 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California to unveil plan tomorrow that will see gas cars BANNED by 2035 and force all new cars sold to be electric only

California will start its ban on the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles Thursday, which was first announced in 2020
    The goal is to stop the sale of all new gasoline vehicles by 2035
    This, according to officials, aims to reduce smog and combat climate change
    Thursday's launch will require that 35 percent of new passenger vehicles sold in the state by 2026 produce zero emissions
    Then 68 percent by 2030 and ultimately 100 percent five years after.

By Stacy Liberatore For Dailymail.com

Published: 12:48 EDT, 24 August 2022 | Updated: 13:35 EDT, 24 August 2022

California is set to roll out its long-awaited ban on new gasoline cars on Thursday, which is part of its rule to have all new cars sold by 2035 to be electric only in an effort to fight climate change.

Governor Gavin Newsom first announced the ban in 2020 as a means to reduce the amount of smog-induced pollution in the air, which will improve the state's air quality that is the worst in the US.

The move will also make California the first in the world to mandate zero-emission vehicles on its roads - but many other states and countries have joined the movement, but have not yet began the ban.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11142477/California-sweeping-BAN-new-gasoline-car-sales-TOMORROW.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

At some point, California is going to have to be reined in, and prohibited from making rules that have an impact beyond its own borders.  Auto emissions standards is one of those areas where California should simply be deprived of the power to make standards that are any different from federal standards.

Online cato potatoe

This sounds like a bonanza for car dealers in Medford, Reno, Vegas, and Yuma. 

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I see used ICE auto prices going through the roof.

Very few are going to be able to afford those electric cars, so the used car market is going to do well.

I also forecast a significant increase in stolen ICE autos as well for their parts.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

This cracked me up. An EV ran out of juice in W.Va. A coal company employee tells the tale (via FB):
Some days are just better than others. Today at our mine off Corridor H  an electric car from DC ran out of battery at the road entrance to the mine. Someone called one of our foreman and told him a car was broke down in the middle of our haul road.

He went to investigate and found out they had indeed ran out of juice coming from DC to Davis for a get away weekend.  He then went back to the mine and got guys to push the car to the guard shack so they could plug in to charge. They couldn't pull it because it was all plastic underneath and nothing to hook up to.

So here are 5 coal miners pushing a battery car to the coal mine to charge up. If you look closely you can see our coal stockpile and load out in the background. This just shows you coal miners are good people and will go out of their way to help anyone friend or foe.

I'm honestly glad they ended up where they could get some help because they couldn't get a tow truck to come and this is out in the middle of nowhere. one guy even dropped off a Friend of Coal license plate when he left to go home. Lol #Godblesscoalminers
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
To put the California energy crisis in perspective, just 2% state's registered vehicles are electric cars, which amounts to about 550,000 total in a state with a population of 39 million. Their energy grid can't handle charging them now and they want to ban gas cars by 2035.
8:59 PM · Sep 7, 2022
·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org