Author Topic: US Unveils Biggest Ukraine Arms Package Yet  (Read 170 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Unveils Biggest Ukraine Arms Package Yet
« on: August 24, 2022, 04:36:02 pm »

US Unveils Biggest Ukraine Arms Package Yet

The $3B package—announced on the country's independence day—will offer ammunition in amounts “we’ve never seen before,” defense official says.
TARA COPP | AUGUST 23, 2022 05:12 PM ET
UKRAINE RUSSIA PENTAGON WHITE HOUSE

Updated at 10:31 a.m. on Aug. 24: President Joe Biden announced the largest weapons and aid package yet for Ukraine on Wednesday, a $2.98 billion package that would push total U.S. aid well past the annual budgets of at least eight federal programs, including the entire judicial branch.

The weapons and aid will be provided through the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative and “will allow Ukraine to acquire air defense systems, artillery systems and munitions, counter-unmanned aerial systems, and radars to ensure it can continue to defend itself over the long term,” Biden said in a statement.

Timed for the 31st anniversary of Ukrainian independence, the announcement arrived just five days after the previous one unveiled a $775 million package of advanced missiles, armored vehicles, and artillery. But while the weapons for Friday’s package will be drawn from U.S. stockpiles, items for the upcoming set will be purchased or ordered from industry, a senior defense official told Defense One on the condition they not be named.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2022/08/us-expected-announce-3b-more-arms-aid-ukraine-independence-day/376213/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 04:37:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Unveils Biggest Ukraine Arms Package Yet
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 04:38:35 pm »
I'd like to know the real amount we've sent. :pondering: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson