Author Topic: Proud Boy running for Sacramento-area school board confronts candidate  (Read 349 times)

Offline Kamaji

Proud Boy running for Sacramento-area school board confronts candidate

By Olivia Land
August 23, 2022

A Proud Boys member who is running for a Sacramento-area school board got into a heated confrontation at a voter event with another candidate who called the organization a “hate group,” video shows.

Jeffrey Perrine — a Proud Boy who recently filed papers to run for the San Juan Unified school district’s Fair Oaks seat — was captured on video attending a voter meet-and-greet for fellow candidate Ben Avey on Saturday.

“Just so you know, bro, you’re scared of me for a reason, and I’m not going to go away,” Perrine can be heard saying.

“And I’m not going to go away. You don’t call me a member of the Klan.”

“Yes, I do,” Avey responded.

In the clip, Perrine could be seen getting close to Avey, who is running for the district’s Orangevale seat, before he was led away by one of his friends.

Avey, a nonprofit leader and former Republican who openly discussed his decision to vote for Joe Biden in 2020, claimed the confrontation was over him comparing the Proud Boys to other hate groups.

“He confronted me, angry that I have called the Proud Boys a hate group and tried to liken them to other groups,” Avey tweeted.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/23/proud-boy-running-for-sacramento-area-school-board-confronts-candidate/