Author Topic: Political Correctness Kills. The hazardous effects of our silence on ourselves.  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Political Correctness Kills. The hazardous effects of our silence on ourselves.

Fri Mar 4, 2016William Kilpatrick0 comments

I got an instant chill when I looked at him.  I got this grip in my stomach and then, of course, I gave myself a political correct slap…I thought, “My God, Michael, these are just a couple of Arab businessmen.”

That was ticket agent Michael Tuohey’s recollection of his encounter with Mohammed Atta at the check-in desk of U.S. Airways in Portland on the morning of September 11, 2001.  For Tuohey, the fear of being politically incorrect was greater than his instinctive fear. Better to take the remote risk of a terrorist act than the more immediate risk of being thought a bigot.

It might be expected that 9/11 would have put an end to political correctness—at least in regard to Islam.  But that was not the case.  Instead, the forces of political correctness grew stronger and threw a protective ring around Islam, making it practically immune to criticism.  You could, of course, criticize terrorist groups, suicide bombers and lone-wolf jihadists—as long as you added the caveat that their actions had nothing to do with Islam.  But suggest that terrorists were inspired by Islam itself and you were sure to find yourself in hot water and maybe in a courtroom.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2016/03/political-correctness-kills-william-kilpatrick/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 07:00:28 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson