Author Topic: John McAfee faked his death and is ‘still alive’ in Texas, ex-girlfriend claims in Netflix doc  (Read 393 times)

Offline Kamaji

John McAfee faked his death and is ‘still alive’ in Texas, ex-girlfriend claims in Netflix doc

By Alex Mitchell
August 23, 2022

The wild and eerie life of supposedly dead anti-virus software pioneer John McAfee is only becoming more mysterious.

McAfee was widely reported to have hanged himself inside a Spanish jail in June 2021 while awaiting US extradition on tax evasion charges. But, according to his Belizean ex-girlfriend Samantha Herrera, he faked his own death, moved to Texas and is still alive.

“I don’t know if I should say, but two weeks ago, after his death, I got a call from Texas: ‘It’s me, John. I paid off people to pretend that I am dead, but I am not dead,'” Herrera claims in the Netflix documentary “Running With the Devil: The Wild World of John McAfee,” out Wednesday.

Herrera says he told her that “there are only three persons in this world that know I’m still alive” and then asked her to run away with him.

The Post attempted to contact Herrera but was unsuccessful.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/23/john-mcafee-faked-his-death-ex-girlfriend-claims-in-netflix-doc/