Author Topic: Former Austin Fire Department Chaplain Sues City, Alleging First Amendment Infringement  (Read 401 times)

Offline mountaineer

No contrary beliefs permitted in the peoples' republic of Austin.
Former Austin Fire Department Chaplain Sues City, Alleging First Amendment Infringement
Dr. Andrew Fox is seeking reinstatement and a public apology from the Austin Fire Department after he was terminated.
Hudson Callender
August 19, 2022

In December 2021, the Austin Fire Department (AFD) dismissed Dr. Andrew Fox from his role as volunteer chaplain.

Fox, an ordained minister, served for eight years before he was dismissed. He claims that the reason for his termination revolves around blog posts he uploaded to his personal web page.

On August 18th, Fox and his attorneys filed suit against AFD Chief Joel Baker and the City of Austin in federal court in the Western District of Texas.  His attorneys allege that the termination infringed upon Dr. Fox’s First Amendment rights to free speech and free exercise of religion. ...

The post in question expressed disagreement with the prospect of ”men who transition to become women” participating in women’s sports.

In the post he writes, “The result of allowing men who transition to become women and compete with women is a distortion of athletic records, especially in the disciplines of field, track, and swimming.” ...
More at The Texan

Oh, the horror! He doesn't want women's athletic achievements to be diminished by fake women!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This might be the first, only, and last time I cite a bible passage.  But.......

Leviticus 18:22

22:“ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

IMO, Austin infringed on his religious beliefs and principles.  Add that to the 1A implications.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.