Author Topic: Supreme Court Issues Emergency Order Favoring Voters Challenging Elections Rules  (Read 652 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Supreme Court Issues Emergency Order Favoring Voters Challenging Elections Rules
Martin Walsh August 23, 2022

The U.S. Supreme Court issued a rare emergency order and sided with voters who challenged Georgia’s system of electing members to the state’s Public Service Commission.

The case began when a group of Black leaders sued the state, claiming the Republican-controlled General Assembly approved a redistricting plan last year that dilutes the Black vote in two of the five PSC districts.

Earlier this month, a judge postponed two November elections in Georgia for the Public Service Commission, ruling the electoral structure disenfranchises Black voters.

One week after that, an appeals court reversed that decision, pending the state’s appeal of that first ruling.

Now, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the elections should not proceed while the appeal continues.

The case is being closely watched because the state’s Public Service Commission, among other responsibilities, sets customers’ utility rates and oversees the construction budget of projects.

Under Georgia’s system, commissioners run statewide but must live in one of five districts.

“The move was a rare example of the conservative court siding with voters over state officials in disputes regarding election rules, especially when the court is asked to act on an emergency basis. The Supreme Court restored a district court ruling requiring that this year’s election for two of the commission seats be postponed so that the legislature could create a new system for electing commissioners,” CNN reported.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/supreme-court-7-65817/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Who issued the order?  Which Justice?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Who issued the order?  Which Justice?

Clarence Thomas' circuit assignment.  (Theoretically)

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circuitAssignments.aspx
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Clarence Thomas' circuit assignment.  (Theoretically)

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circuitAssignments.aspx

Which raises interesting questions about ulterior motives for the order.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Which raises interesting questions about ulterior motives for the order.

I think you are thinking what I'm thinking. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien