Poll

How many streaming services do you subscribe to?

1-3
10 (43.5%)
4-6
3 (13%)
More than 6
3 (13%)
None, I have a lava light on the TV and I watch that (pot option)
6 (26.1%)
None, I don’t have a TV
1 (4.3%)
All of them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 22, 2022, 01:51:48 pm

Author Topic: How many streaming platforms do you subscribe to?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
How many streaming platforms do you subscribe to?
« on: August 23, 2022, 01:51:49 pm »
I just realized how many streaming services I have. I have Netflix and Prime. From Prime you also get a free service called Freeve. I have Hulu and I have a free subscription to Peacock because I have Comcast.

This just blows my mind.

Then I found out most of my neighbors have channels like HBO, Discovery Plus, Disney, and/or some sports channel.

Which begs the question, do people watch the original channels anymore like ABC, NBC, Fox CBS, PBS anymore?

Guests can vote.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: How many streaming platforms do you subscribe to?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 02:26:56 pm »
I like Sling, which basically gives me streaming cable service for $30/mo. 

I piggyback on my kids (at least for now) for Netflix and Prime. More TV with those 3, than I will ever need.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 02:40:06 pm »
I have ROKU and subscribe to HULU + and Paramount. Had a Prime subscription prior to cord cutting.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 07:03:18 pm »
I said more than 6... But I am torn by that answer... I am subscribed all over the place, and something as mundane as a standard youtube subscription qualifies - I do watch YouTube far more than anything else... And most of what I subscribe to is totally free...

Paid services I subscribe to are Netflix through a family account for around 70 bucks a year, and Prime which I have anyway for business purposes. And that's really it.  :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 09:51:37 pm »
None. I've never bothered to find out how one goes about subscribing to a streaming service.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 10:09:30 pm »
Two.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 08:25:37 pm »
I have cable via Direct TV (satellite), and I  have Netflix.  We are Prime subscribers to Amazon, and we have access to the Prime channels.

Getting ready to drop the $99 Direct TV and replacing with a streaming service with a cost of $30/mo.  Gives all the premium channels for movies and all sports.  Also 5,000 channels internationally, including a large entertainment selection from Great Britain.  Plus there are a ton of movies to pick from and TV shows readily available going back to the 60s that one can binge on.  Shows I haven't seen since I watched them back then.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 09:12:21 pm »
I have cable via Direct TV (satellite), and I  have Netflix.  We are Prime subscribers to Amazon, and we have access to the Prime channels.

Getting ready to drop the $99 Direct TV and replacing with a streaming service with a cost of $30/mo.  Gives all the premium channels for movies and all sports.  Also 5,000 channels internationally, including a large entertainment selection from Great Britain.  Plus there are a ton of movies to pick from and TV shows readily available going back to the 60s that one can binge on.  Shows I haven't seen since I watched them back then.

What is this new service you are going to try?

I too have Direct tv, Amazon Prime and a firestick my son set up for us...lots of channels to watch....but still nothing I want to watch..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:37:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 09:29:21 pm »
   Just Basic Dish ($104/month).  I only watch TCM.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 09:34:11 pm »
Prime and Netflix. Had Hulu till recently but just never used it much, so I let it go.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 10:20:54 pm »
"All of them" wasn't an option, so I chose "More than 6".
Let it burn.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 10:24:10 pm »
"All of them" wasn't an option, so I chose "More than 6".

I just added it…
@Ghost Bear
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 11:10:13 pm »

I just added it…
@Ghost Bear

Heh, thank you!

So, to catalog them...

Pay services:
1. Netflix
2. Amazon Prime
3. Hulu
4. Paramount+
5. Disney+
6. Britbox
7. HBOMax
8. AppleTV
9. Crunchyroll
10. HiDive
11. Funimation
12. YouTubeTV
13. ESPN+ (it's part of a package deal with Disney+)

Free services:
1. Vudu
2. Peacock
3. YouTube
4. Tubi
5. Rumble
Probably some other free services that I don't remember off-hand...

Before anyone asks, yes I do pay more for streaming services than I did for cable service. I'm thinking we really should pare down how many we subscribe to, but it's hard to decide what should go.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:11:11 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 12:12:44 am »

Which begs the question, do people watch the original channels anymore like ABC, NBC, Fox CBS, PBS anymore?

I haven't watched standard television (ie ABC, NBC, Fox 26, and CBS) since Gilmore Girls, Evergreen, One Tree Hill, Prison Break and Everybody Loves Raymond reruns went off the air!  I now have what comes with my Smart TV (Tubi etc) and Netflix which I rarely watch. News has been gone since the Clinton Administration with the exception of local Hurricanes and floods.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 01:10:32 am »
I haven't watched standard television (ie ABC, NBC, Fox 26, and CBS) since Gilmore Girls, Evergreen, One Tree Hill, Prison Break and Everybody Loves Raymond reruns went off the air!  I now have what comes with my Smart TV (Tubi etc) and Netflix which I rarely watch. News has been gone since the Clinton Administration with the exception of local Hurricanes and floods.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 01:42:31 am »

That's right -- though you got there before me (Clinton admin vs about 5 years ago)

I have virtually *no* desire to watch Hollywood canned crap anymore... I mostly watch Youtube - real life stories by content creators about country life, bushcraft, and Bible. I will generally have one canned series in the hopper that I will watch when I get through my evening of subscriptions early...

And I resent it all enough that I refuse to pay them money - especially the money they require. I don't need it, mostly don't want it, sure as heck won't pay for it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 02:02:44 am »
That's right -- though you got there before me (Clinton admin vs about 5 years ago)

I have virtually *no* desire to watch Hollywood canned crap anymore... I mostly watch Youtube - real life stories by content creators about country life, bushcraft, and Bible. I will generally have one canned series in the hopper that I will watch when I get through my evening of subscriptions early...

And I resent it all enough that I refuse to pay them money - especially the money they require. I don't need it, mostly don't want it, sure as heck won't pay for it.

Youtube has some great stuff and I think even free movies. About anything you want on there.

As a history buff, I subscribe to one channel called History Time. The guy is a solo archaeologist who follows his own conclusions and not the establishment narrative. He's fairly meticulous and thorough, and is a good narrator. Some of his videos are mind blowing and really changed my perspective of history.

https://www.youtube.com/c/HistoryTime
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 02:19:28 am »
Youtube has some great stuff and I think even free movies. About anything you want on there.

As a history buff, I subscribe to one channel called History Time. The guy is a solo archaeologist who follows his own conclusions and not the establishment narrative. He's fairly meticulous and thorough, and is a good narrator. Some of his videos are mind blowing and really changed my perspective of history.

https://www.youtube.com/c/HistoryTime

As a history buff myself, I thank you for the link - Perusing his vids, I know I have seen some of them - 'Britain in the age of Arthur', and 'Before the Vikings' and 'Who were the Sea Peoples' as examples. I remember the guy, and now will go through his whole list. 

That will keep me busy a while  :laugh: :beer:

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 02:17:50 pm »
   Thanks for that Utube History link @Free Vulcan
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2022, 12:29:58 am »
0, though I do frequent a lot of free streaming services. (And if one is a lava lamp, all the better!)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2022, 03:02:45 am »
Four, though one of them comes bundles with my phone and internet.  (Unless add on subscriptions within Amazon Prime count as extras, in which case it's six in all.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2022, 06:33:10 am »
0, I have Roku, but it was a gift and Netflix was given via family.

I rarely watch it to be honest, I usually just find stuff off the internet and watch from my comfy chair on my desktop computer.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....