Author Topic: ‘You’re not New Yorkers’: Hochul says political rivals like Zeldin ought to move to Florida  (Read 553 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘You’re not New Yorkers’: Hochul says political rivals like Zeldin ought to move to Florida

By Zach Williams
August 22, 2022

Gov. Kathy Hochul sparked controversy Monday night by saying political opponents like Republican gubernatorial nominee Rep. Lee Zeldin ought to ditch New York as she rallied with fellow Democrats ahead of a special election in Congressional District 19 in the Hudson Valley.

“We are fighting for democracy. We’re fighting to bring government back to the people and out of the hands of dictators,” Hochul said at a Monday evening rally in Kingston alongside Democratic congressional candidate Pat Ryan, where she called out his Republican opponent, Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro, Zeldin and former President Donald Trump.

“Trump and Zeldin and Molinaro – just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong. OK? Get out of town. Because you don’t represent our values,” added Hochul, who raised eyebrows last week for a dig against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis at a Manhattan event commemorating the Holocaust.

Ryan, the Ulster County executive, is running against Molinaro in a race that will test competing messaging by Democrats and the GOP on issues like abortion and inflation.

“Wow @KathyHochul. You’re losing your marbles lady. Won’t take you up on your psycho demand to leave New York, but what I will do is get in my car right now, drive to NY-19, & do everything in my power to make sure @marcmolinaro wins tomorrow’s Special Election,” Zeldin tweeted Monday night.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/kathy-hochul-says-political-rivals-like-lee-zeldin-ought-to-leave-state/

Offline Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Am I wrong, it seems to me I recall a predecessor saying something similar.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GT, what you posted is the first thing I thought when I read the thread title.

Unfortunately, the hochul gal is gonna win in November.
Because too many folks in New York AGREE WITH her...

Offline cato potatoe

It drives these moonbats crazy to have dissenting voices in other places.  I wonder how many people have actually left the tri state the past couple of years, thanks to tyrants like Hochul.  Not the census bureau numbers, but an actual count of humans.

Offline Kamaji

Hochul will win because things haven’t gotten bad enough in NY for liberal idiots to finally figure it out.  Another Hochul term should about do it; no guarantees however,  because it’s difficult to plumb the depths of liberal stupidity.

Offline Right_in_Virginia