Author Topic: To What Extent Does Our Immigration Policy Facilitate Muslim Migration?  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
To What Extent Does Our Immigration Policy Facilitate Muslim Migration?

By David North on August 23, 2022
Given that about a quarter of the world’s population is Muslim, and that we have found ourselves in serious conflict with Muslim entities (both state and non-state), the question of the share of arriving legal immigrants who are Muslims is potentially relevant to policy, as is the question of which parts of our complex immigration system are most likely to facilitate Muslim migration.

Since our government bends over backward to avoid collecting data along religious lines, we had to use some approximations to get even rough answers to our questions. We cannot tell you how many of the million or so immigrants arriving each year are of the Islamic faith, but we can tell you how many of them are from Muslim-majority nations.

A quick look at what percentage of the population in Muslim-majority (henceforth MM) nations consists of Muslims is instructive, and perhaps worrisome to some. Muslim migrants from MM nations, typically, are not from just the largest part of some ethnic or religious melting pot, most of them come from places where the religion is overwhelmingly dominant. According to the World Population Review, there are 48 MM nations and, in a majority of those, 26, the percentage of Muslims runs from a low of 95.3 percent (The Gambia) to a high of 99.9 percent (Morocco). One can safely assume that the vast majority of the arrivals from these 26 nations have never had any exposure to any religion other than Islam, and never had any personal contact with people of any other faith.

https://cis.org/North/What-Extent-Does-Our-Immigration-Policy-Facilitate-Muslim-Migration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson