Author Topic: Mayor Eric Adams whacks ‘silly’ NY Times as questions grow on how he funds party lifestyle  (Read 398 times)

Offline Kamaji

Mayor Eric Adams whacks ‘silly’ NY Times as questions grow on how he funds party lifestyle

By Bernadette Hogan and Nolan Hicks
August 22, 2022

Mayor Eric Adams berated The New York Times on Monday for publishing a “silly, silly story” on its front page that examined his embrace of the Big Apple’s pricey and high-end nightlife and City Hall’s repeated refusal to document who is footing the bills.

“I have to ask myself, is something going on with The New York Times right now,” Adams asked rhetorically. “The stories that they’re writing about me, I know people write stories, you get a lot of clicks when Eric Adams’ name is in it. But the front page of The New York Times talked about me going to restaurants?”

The Gray Lady’s exposé detailed how Adams has managed to achieve a defacto membership at the swanky members-only club Zero Bond, where he regularly appears and was spotted hosting another politician in an ultra-luxury private room accessible only by fingerprint. The club would normally cost $9,000 in initiation and subscription fees for the first year.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/eric-adams-calls-ny-times-silly-for-questioning-how-he-funds-partying/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The Gray Lady’s exposé detailed how Adams has managed to achieve a defacto membership at the swanky members-only club Zero Bond, where he regularly appears and was spotted hosting another politician in an ultra-luxury private room accessible only by fingerprint. The club would normally cost $9,000 in initiation and subscription fees for the first year."

Sounds like The Party members over at the new york times are trying to edge Adams out so that he can be replaced with a real Party member (like his predecessor)...

Offline Kamaji

So, where is the payola coming from?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Good to see NYC is keeping its eye on what's important.   :whistle: