Author Topic: Is the U.S. giving Ukraine some weapons secretly?  (Read 285 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is the U.S. giving Ukraine some weapons secretly?
« on: August 23, 2022, 11:14:42 am »
Is the U.S. giving Ukraine some weapons secretly?
By ALEXANDER WARD, LEE HUDSON and PAUL MCLEARY  08/22/2022 04:13 PM EDT
Ukrainian MSLR BM-21 "Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2022.

Two people familiar with the move said the U.S. included Excalibur precision-guided munitions in the Aug. 19 weapons package, even though the administration didn’t publicly announce them. | Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo

With help from Lawrence Ukenye and Daniel Lippman

On Friday, a senior Pentagon official said the U.S. had been quietly supplying the Ukrainians with High-speed Anti-Radiation missiles — used for targeting radar systems — for some time. “[W]hen we first announced the initial provision of HARM missiles, the way that we characterized it in the announcement was not specific. We described that we were providing a counter-radar capability,” the official said.

Two days later, Yahoo! News published a story that argued the recent attacks on Russian targets in Crimea weren’t the result of special operations teams carrying explosives, as Ukraine suggests. Instead, the blasts were the result of long-range missile strikes, former U.S. special operators told MICHAEL WEISS and JAMES RUSHTON. But Ukraine doesn’t have any missiles with the range to strike Saki air base in Crimea, they noted — at least not with the missiles America and its partners publicly say they transferred

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/national-security-daily/2022/08/22/is-the-u-s-giving-ukraine-some-weapons-secretly-00053079
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:15:56 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Is the U.S. giving Ukraine some weapons secretly?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 11:19:07 am »
Is Howdy Doody's *sshole made of wood?  Of course, it's happening.  Ukraine won't have to reimburse for weapons they "never got." wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Is the U.S. giving Ukraine some weapons secretly?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 04:23:55 pm »
Maybe Ukraine is buying advanced US weapons that Joe so kindly left behind for the terrorists in Afghanistan using US dollars Joe has given Ukraine?