Author Topic: Lies about deaths, orders not to wear masks: Lawsuits by staff allege chaos in N.J. veterans homes a  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lies about deaths, orders not to wear masks: Lawsuits by staff allege chaos in N.J. veterans homes as COVID soared.
Ted Sherman, nj.com - Yesterday 7:02 PM

One nurse at the New Jersey Veterans Memorial at Menlo Park said she was ordered not to wear a mask because it would “scare the patients” — even as the first deaths from COVID-19 began stalking nursing homes across the country.

When she went to Walmart to buy fabric to make her own, she said was threatened that “there could be consequences” for violating the facility’s no-mask mandate.

Another nurse said she complained to the nursing home’s administrator of being on the units “all day with the residents coughing in our faces.” Still, she would not be provided with a mask to ward off the spread of infection.

“We cannot care for them six feet away. Where is the protection for staff?” she asked.

And one certified nursing assistant refused to come to work despite the demands of her supervisors after she came down with a fever, chills, a cough and other COVID symptoms in early April 2020, according to her attorney. Just over a week later, she was hospitalized at Newark Beth Israel Hospital. By May 11, she was dead.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lies-about-deaths-orders-not-to-wear-masks-lawsuits-by-staff-offer-look-at-chaos-in-n-j-veterans-homes-as-covid-soared/ar-AA10X8BM
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson