Author Topic: Half of Air Force Advanced STEM Billets Go Unfilled or Require Waivers  (Read 148 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Half of Air Force Advanced STEM Billets Go Unfilled or Require Waivers
Aug. 21, 2022 | By Amanda Miller

Half of the Air Force’s billets that call for advanced academic degrees in science, technology, engineering, or math are either unfilled or filled by someone who doesn’t hold the degree. At the same time, the Air Force has the fewest general officers with advanced STEM degrees in 30 years.

A group from the Air Force Research Laboratory quantified the deficiencies in STEM officers as part of their effort to implement the Air Force’s “Science and Technology Strategy: Strengthening USAF Science and Technology for 2030 and Beyond” from 2019 to 2021, according to a news release.

The group made recommendations about improving the pipeline of uniformed personnel with technical backgrounds, and a number of efforts are helping the service to build more technically savvy forces.

https://www.airforcemag.com/half-of-air-force-stem-billets-go-unfilled-or-require-waivers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Half of Air Force Advanced STEM Billets Go Unfilled or Require Waivers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 10:54:01 am »
Just one more staggeringly successful recruiting program! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson