Author Topic: Tesla owner will never lose his keys again — after he implants them in his hand  (Read 863 times)

Offline Kamaji

Tesla owner will never lose his keys again — after he implants them in his hand

By Theo Wayt
August 22, 2022

A Tesla fanatic will never lose his keys again — after he spent $400 to have them permanently implanted in his hand.

Tesla owner Brandon Dalaly shared a video on social media this week showing him having a chip implanted in his right hand and then using the device to unlock his vehicle.

“Now I use that as my key when my Bluetooth key fails or I don’t have my key card,” Dalaly told Teslarati. “You just use your hand.”

https://twitter.com/BrandonDalaly/status/1559652687578382336

The bizarre stunt is made possible by a chip called a Vivokey Apex, which uses NFC technology — the same “tap-to-pay” feature that enables Apple Pay on iPhones.

Dalaly said that he’s part of a beta group of about 100 people who are testing the chips before they are released to the public.

“The company that put this together literally has its own app store where you can wirelessly install apps into your body with these chips,” he said. “And one of the apps just happened to be a Tesla key card. So that was the first app I installed on it because I have a Tesla.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/tesla-owner-implants-car-keys-in-his-hand-using-microchip/

Offline Kamaji

Online andy58-in-nh

Now, his wife keeps asking him why the car keeps starting when he's alone at his computer downstairs.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Now, his wife keeps asking him why the car keeps starting when he's alone at his computer downstairs.

:silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Robbers take note! Come equipped with a hatchett for that one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

When his battery explodes and destroys the Tesla next week, what will he do?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Will this make it easier for Tesla thieves, has he thought that someone might hack his hand off to steal his car?