Author Topic: Legislation Will Force the Military to Really Step on the Gas and Make Green Vehicles  (Read 188 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

News & Career Advice
Legislation Will Force the Military to Really Step on the Gas and Make Green Vehicles
Peter Suciu / Aug 22, 2022
INTELLIGENCETactical and Combat Vehicle Electrification program

After decades of wearing the blue Army Service Uniform (ASU), in 2017, the United States Army opted to adopt an Army Green Service Uniform (AGSU) that was inspired by the “pinks and greens” worn by the “Greatest Generation” during the Second World.

Green is once again the color of the United States Army, but the entire Department of Defense (DoD) is looking to go green well beyond uniforms. Earlier this year, lawmakers in Washington introduced legislation that would force the Pentagon to aggressively speed up efforts to adopt more environmentally friendly vehicles. It doesn’t mean that the military’s tanks and other fighting vehicles need to be battery-powered, but it would require that at least 75% of the non-tactical vehicles purchased or leased by the DoD would need to be electric or zero emission.

“Transitioning the military’s non-tactical fleet of vehicles to electric or other zero-emission vehicles would have a significant impact on the U.S. government’s greenhouse gas emissions,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), co-author of the Military Vehicle Fleet Electrification Act (MVFEA), said via a statement. “This is an effective solution that helps us tackle the climate crisis and keeps the military ready for the future.”

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2022/08/22/legislation-will-force-the-military-to-really-step-on-the-gas-and-make-green-vehicles/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:09:19 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Good thing!  I don't want my life to end choking on noxious fumes from Jeeps. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson