Author Topic: The Army is giving ineligible recruits a second chance  (Read 427 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army is giving ineligible recruits a second chance
« on: August 22, 2022, 11:52:51 am »
The Army is giving ineligible recruits a second chance
by: Paula Froelich, Joshua Eferighe, Evan Lambert, Nichole Berlie

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 / 09:15 AM EDT

Updated: Aug 19, 2022 / 08:15 AM EDT

(NewsNation) — Army recruits at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, may appear to be going through the motions of most beginner soldiers, but they’re part of a slightly different crop.

This group is made up of people who want to do the job and serve their country, but are just slightly below the army’s strict standards.

“I think we’ve realized that we need to be part of the solution for society, not only from the physical fitness side but also from the academic side, in untapping someone’s true potential here,” Brig. Gen. Patrick R. Michaelis told NewsNation.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/military/the-army-is-giving-ineligible-recruits-a-second-chance/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:53:40 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army is giving ineligible recruits a second chance
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 11:54:57 am »
Is recruiting using this as part of their "diversity" program, giving rejects a second chance?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 12:31:50 pm »

That was then...

This is now...

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 01:02:56 pm »

That was then...

This is now...

Wow.

:facepalm2: