Author Topic: Video shows NYC dollar-store shoplifters putting worker in chokehold  (Read 211 times)

Offline Kamaji

Video shows NYC dollar-store shoplifters putting worker in chokehold: cops

By Kyle Schnitzer and Tina Moore
August 21, 2022

A duo trying to steal merchandise from a Bronx dollar store was caught on video putting a 23-year-old female worker in a chokehold last week — the third violent robbery at the shop in less than a year.

“I was physically assaulted in front of people, and I had to defend myself in front of kids,” the shaken victim told The Post on Sunday.

“I was scared to come back to work because they might know me,” the Westchester County resident, who asked to remain anonymous out of fear for her safety, said of her attackers. “They can hurt me — I still work here.”

The incident occurred around 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 14, at the Family Dollar Store on Webster Avenue near East 168th Street in Morrisania when an unidentified man and woman tried to leave the store with a cart containing goods, cops said.

The worker said she was watching the whole incident unfold on a security camera and thought that the thieves would have gotten away with about $400 worth of goods if she didn’t intervene.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/21/video-shows-nyc-dollar-store-shoplifters-putting-worker-in-chokehold/