Author Topic: Another Senate Race Is Slipping Away ?  (Read 16852 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Another Senate Race Is Slipping Away ?
« on: August 22, 2022, 12:04:46 am »
With Blake Masters down by 8 points, the National Republican Senatorial Committee is pulling ads from AZ, as well two other states.

Many see this as an admission that the headwins in AZ may be just to great for Masters. 

Or else they are hoping that private doners are going going to carry the load so they can focus on other races that need help.

I honestly don't know that much about Masters. 

But it seems like AZ will have two democratic senators until Sinema comes up for re-election in 2024.

At least the way things are going.

Per what I am reading.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Another Senate Race Is Slipping Away ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 12:17:28 am »
pinging @Cyber Liberty

What do you think..I have read the same about this race.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 01:03:59 am »
Masters is Trump endorsed and an election denier.

The word is that the democrats crossed lines to vote for the Trump endorsees so that they would win primaries and be easier to defeat in the general.

That is just the scuttle I've read.  Don't know if it is true.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 02:29:41 am »
Can you post a link to the poll and media source @HikerGuy83 ?   I'd like to dig a little deeper into both.

Thanks.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 04:02:19 am »
Can you post a link to the poll and media source @HikerGuy83 ?   I'd like to dig a little deeper into both.

Thanks.

Sure.

https://theweek.com/republicans/1015932/senate-republican-pac-cuts-ad-spending-in-at-least-4-key-battleground-races

This one discusses:

1. The ads that were pulled.
2. Alternatives that might be used.
3. How the committee has already spent a bunch of money.
4. How money is needed where candidates did not (or could not) do enough fund raising.

Here is the polling from 538

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/arizona/

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 04:03:15 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 04:05:47 am »
Molly Hemingway lays into Mitch McConnell over his comments about candidate quality.

Unfortunately, he's already let the words out....and the left is just howling happy.....thanks Mitch.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/08/19/come-on-mitch-mcconnell-republicans-need-you-to-step-up-and-lead/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 04:14:16 am »
Sure.

https://theweek.com/republicans/1015932/senate-republican-pac-cuts-ad-spending-in-at-least-4-key-battleground-races

This one discusses:

1. The ads that were pulled.
2. Alternatives that might be used.
3. How the committee has already spent a bunch of money.
4. How money is needed where candidates did not (or could not) do enough fund raising.

Here is the polling from 538

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/arizona/

Article references NYT and Politico.  Not exactly great sources for objective news.

Despite Turtle's defeatist attitude, I wouldn't write off AZ, GA, and PA just yet.   A lot economic data to hit the news cycles between now and early November.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 01:52:22 am »
Article references NYT and Politico.  Not exactly great sources for objective news.

Despite Turtle's defeatist attitude, I wouldn't write off AZ, GA, and PA just yet.   A lot economic data to hit the news cycles between now and early November.

It's data.

538 shows Masters is down by eight points. 

That could change. 

I'd rather he were up 8 points though.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 02:00:28 pm »
No updates on polls (of which I am aware).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 03:01:14 pm »
No updates on polls (of which I am aware).

I don't believe polls from people who have a stake in the election results.  That means pretty much all media-purchased polls.  Once it's understood today's polls are engineered to change public opinion rather than simply reflect it, you'll never look at polls the same way ever again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 03:08:55 pm »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/arizona-blake-masters-backtracks-abortion-scrubs-campaign-website-rcna44808

"I am 100% pro-life," Masters' website read as of Thursday morning.

That language is now gone.

Another notable deletion: a line that detailed his support for "a federal personhood law (ideally a Constitutional amendment) that recognizes that unborn babies are human beings that may not be killed."

It seems that Masters might realize that he's in trouble. 

I don't know what irritates me more. 

That he took it down or that he didn't think about it to begin with.

Taking it down will likely cost him some support. 

My question: What does Blake Masters really believe and want to do ?

This doesn't look good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 03:10:30 pm »
I don't believe polls from people who have a stake in the election results.  That means pretty much all media-purchased polls.  Once it's understood today's polls are engineered to change public opinion rather than simply reflect it, you'll never look at polls the same way ever again.

It is quite clear that many polls are set up that way.  However, all indications that there are ways to extract information from them.

Masters is altering his campaign (or so it would seem).  Why ?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 03:11:48 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 03:39:45 pm »
It is quite clear that many polls are set up that way.  However, all indications that there are ways to extract information from them.

Masters is altering his campaign (or so it would seem).  Why ?

You do know that Mitch McConnell prefers to have Mark Kelly than an America First Republican, don't you?  Masters has to fight both the Democrat Nominee in addition to fighting the GOPe.

If you choose to believe Turtle, then that's on you.  I prefer to fight for the America Firster despite the attempts to steer us into a "No Vote."

I have a say.  I also have some control over donations made by my County's GOP.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 06:15:32 pm »
You do know that Mitch McConnell prefers to have Mark Kelly than an America First Republican, don't you?  Masters has to fight both the Democrat Nominee in addition to fighting the GOPe.

If you choose to believe Turtle, then that's on you.  I prefer to fight for the America Firster despite the attempts to steer us into a "No Vote."

I have a say.  I also have some control over donations made by my County's GOP.

Mitch has needed to go for quite some time.  I sometimes wonder if he isn't possesed by the Spirit of John McStain. 

And true conservatives (which is not all Trump endorsees) have always had to fight to the RINO's in the part as well as the democrats. 

They do and they often win. 

That should be cause for hope.

Masters, IME, shot himself in one foot and has the gun pointed at the other. 

He's changing his site.  Is he hoping people don't notice...in today's world ?

Something's gotta give and right now it does not look good for Masters....he's handing them a grenade they can use to blow him up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 06:17:53 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 07:40:58 pm »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 07:46:50 pm »
With Blake Masters down by 8 points standing up against RINOs that sold us out two years ago, the National Republican Senatorial Committee is pulling ads from AZ

There, fixed it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 07:48:42 pm »
Mitch has needed to go for quite some time.  I sometimes wonder if he isn't possesed by the Spirit of John McStain. 

And true conservatives (which is not all Trump endorsees) have always had to fight to the RINO's in the part as well as the democrats. 

Something's gotta give and right now it does not look good for Masters....he's handing them a grenade they can use to blow him up.
Bitch, er, Mitch doesn't want a republican majority, and certainly not of the MAGA kind because then he would have to actually produce. with a democrat majority B, er Mitch can continue being a paper tiger all roar and no bite and the stupid republican will continue to say 'wow that Mitch is working so hard for us, too bad he doesn't have a majority'.

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 08:11:10 pm »
The GOP can take the House in the mid terms but if the DEMS gain seats in the Senate well, you can kiss your derriere good-bye.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2022, 08:16:23 pm »

There is no way in Hell I will vote for Kelly. I also don't back seat drive candidates I support,  nor do I fret about their tactics.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2022, 08:21:06 pm »
There, fixed it.

The RNSC is not pulling ads. That's a lie told to people who don't do research so they won't vote for conservatives.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2022, 08:27:32 pm »
Bitch, er, Mitch doesn't want a republican majority, and certainly not of the MAGA kind because then he would have to actually produce. with a democrat majority B, er Mitch can continue being a paper tiger all roar and no bite and the stupid republican will continue to say 'wow that Mitch is working so hard for us, too bad he doesn't have a majority'.

Why is he even around ?

He's starting to remind me of Pelosi.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2022, 08:32:29 pm »
The RNSC is not pulling ads. That's a lie told to people who don't do research so they won't vote for conservatives.

Seems just about everyone is reporting they are.

And this was from one of the articles:

“We’re leaving the door wide open in Arizona, but we want to move additional resources to other offensive opportunities that have become increasingly competitive, as well as an unexpected expense in Ohio,” said Senate Leadership Fund President Steven Law. “We think the fundamentals of this election strongly favor Republicans, we see multiple paths to winning the majority, and we are going to invest heavily and strategically to achieve that goal.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/26/shifting-strategy-senate-gop-super-pac-cancels-ad-buys-in-arizona-alaska-00053965

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2022, 08:34:19 pm »
The GOP can take the House in the mid terms but if the DEMS gain seats in the Senate well, you can kiss your derriere good-bye.

If that happens, we better pray for Clarence Thomas's health.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2022, 08:39:50 pm »
Seems just about everyone is reporting they are.

And this was from one of the articles:

“We’re leaving the door wide open in Arizona, but we want to move additional resources to other offensive opportunities that have become increasingly competitive, as well as an unexpected expense in Ohio,” said Senate Leadership Fund President Steven Law. “We think the fundamentals of this election strongly favor Republicans, we see multiple paths to winning the majority, and we are going to invest heavily and strategically to achieve that goal.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/26/shifting-strategy-senate-gop-super-pac-cancels-ad-buys-in-arizona-alaska-00053965

You do know that just about all American media is owned by just six corporations, don't you?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien