Author Topic: Ousted Republican reflects on Trump, democracy and America: ‘The place has lost its mind’  (Read 1955 times)

Online Kamaji

That's not the point. He wouldn't do an extralegal thing because Trump demanded it, and was punished for not trying to break to law to satisfy Trump's whims.
Trump is never wrong, right?

Wow.  Way to go putting words into my mouth.

He wasn't punished for failing to kow-tow to Trump's wishes - unless you want to take the position that every primary loser who is opposed by one of their political opponents is "punished" by that opponent - he was fairly and openly opposed by someone who did not like how he comported himself in office, and that person was able to persuade enough of the voters by their argument that he lost, fair and square.

Yeesh.

Offline goatprairie

Yeah it bothers me. Trump (and others) behavior from November 2020 to January 2021 bothered me frankly. But the Democrats bothered me more. And still do. Remember them burning down the country? Making white people kneel? Etc. etc.? So I know about the "lesser of two evil is still evil arguments". And I'm kinda exasperated at this point.

Maybe the two party system has truly run it's course at this point?
Yeah, but two wrongs don't make a right. Because the Dems exhibit examples of tyranny far more than Republicans, that doesn't make whatever Republicans do right.
As conservative Republicans we don't define ourselves as not being as bad as our opponents. We try to do the right thing whether it's popular or not.
In this case, and many others like it, Trump did the wrong thing.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump's bidding was rooting on dim and RINO Swamp creatures.....

If Bowers is against that, then he is part of the problem.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

Trump's bidding was rooting on dim and RINO Swamp creatures.....

If Bowers is against that, then he is part of the problem.
Trump never makes a mistake, right? He's perfect, correct?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yeah, but two wrongs don't make a right. Because the Dems exhibit examples of tyranny far more than Republicans, that doesn't make whatever Republicans do right.
As conservative Republicans we don't define ourselves as not being as bad as our opponents. We try to do the right thing whether it's popular or not.
In this case, and many others like it, Trump did the wrong thing.

Yeah I know. I'm just not sure we have that option any more.  :shrug:

Not sure I care either.

Indifference can be liberating.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is never wrong, right?

@goatprairie

I dunno about Trump,but you are almost always wrong when it comes to politics.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bowers was a loyal Republican who supported Trump's policies 100%. He appeared on a platform with Trump when he campaigned in AZ.
What he didn't do was support Trump's lie about a stolen election. He did due diligence when requested and checked the AZ election. Nothing untoward was found. The Ninja Warriors checked. They didn't find anything either.
For that Bowers got threatening calls from Giuliani and Trump. His family was harassed and threatened by Trump thugs. In spite, as is his wont, Trump endorsed Bowers's rival.
Doesn't that bother you people in the slightest?

I don't give a snot about Trump and Bowers.  I'm pissed at Speaker Bowers for blocking a raft of bills to address the Election issues we discovered in 2020.  Stop pretending it was a Perfect Election. 

It's not a "Trump Thing" for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

I don't give a snot about Trump and Bowers.  I'm pissed at Speaker Bowers for blocking a raft of bills to address the Election issues we discovered in 2020.  Stop pretending it was a Perfect Election. 

Absolutely! There is a reason Bowers was not reelected and the reason is not Trump.

Offline bilo

That's it in a nutshell.

If he had pushed for serious election reform and enforcement he would have won his primary.

I'm sick of seeing elections stolen.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have long abused their power and viciously attacked  Trump, often criminally, but when democrats finally overdo their abuses of powers, and as LONG as that has been, well then its time to blame the system, or Republicans, certainly not the often caught with their hands in the cookie jar, DEMOCRATS.  if people  could just quite posturing of how non-biased they are and tell the truth.  Satan's minions are deeply entrenched!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's it in a nutshell.

If he had pushed for serious election reform and enforcement he would have won his primary.

I'm sick of seeing elections stolen.

I have managed to acquire an opportunity to apply pressure on the election people in my County, and dammit I'm using it.  I managed to get their ears up in the 8/2 Primary that landed us all those great Nominees in Arizona.

I simply refuse to give up, and it's not at all about Donald Trump.  I'm in it for ME.  I want my vote to count as 1.00 votes, not 0.75 like it did in 2020.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:27:09 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

I have managed to acquire an opportunity to apply pressure on the election people in my County, and dammit I'm using it.  I managed to get their ears up in the 8/2 Primary that landed us all those great Nominees in Arizona.

I simply refuse to give up, and it's not at all about Donald Trump.  I'm in it for ME.  I want my vote to count as 1.00 votes, not 0.75 like it did in 2020.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Man you are spot on!

I may not like the results if people of opposing views win in an honest election but I can live with it. It's when elections are stolen that I want to see Pubs thrown out who do nothing to fix the problem. Election drop boxes need to be eliminated everywhere. People need to go to prison who harvest votes. Mail in ballots need to be ended. Voter rolls have to be cleaned. Voting machines need to be eliminated, if France can conduct honest elections with paper ballots we sure can.

Basically the more complicated the voting process becomes the easier it is to cheat.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Basically the more complicated the voting process becomes the easier it is to cheat.

As Scotty told Kirk in one of the Star Trek movies, "The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop it up."
I will NOT comply.