Author Topic: Ex-CIA chief rates today's Republicans as most 'dangerous' political force in history  (Read 1441 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA chief rates today's Republicans as most 'dangerous' political force in history
by Daniel Chaitin, Deputy News Editor |
 | August 17, 2022 09:09 PM
 | Updated Aug 17, 2022, 09:11 PM

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden endorsed the assessment that Republicans today are the most "dangerous" political force in history.

Edward Luce, the U.S. national editor and columnist at the Financial Times, got the ball rolling Wednesday in a Twitter exchange that comes at a time when the Republican Party has largely rallied behind former President Donald Trump.

"I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career. Have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous & contemptible than today’s Republicans. Nothing close," Luce said.

Hayden quote tweeted the observation, writing, "I agree. And I was the CIA Director."

https://twitter.com/GenMhayden/status/1560027626626072577

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-cia-director-michael-hayden-republicans-most-dangerous
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The swamp dwellers are worried.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Now to me this sounds like a declaration of war. Not sure what else to call it. Like, they're worse than the Nazis. People who just happen to disagree with them.

Offline Idiot

Ex-CIA chief rates today's Republicans as most 'dangerous' political force in history
by Daniel Chaitin, Deputy News Editor |
 | August 17, 2022 09:09 PM
 | Updated Aug 17, 2022, 09:11 PM

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden endorsed the assessment that Republicans today are the most "dangerous" political force in history.

Edward Luce, the U.S. national editor and columnist at the Financial Times, got the ball rolling Wednesday in a Twitter exchange that comes at a time when the Republican Party has largely rallied behind former President Donald Trump.

"I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career. Have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous & contemptible than today’s Republicans. Nothing close," Luce said.

Hayden quote tweeted the observation, writing, "I agree. And I was the CIA Director."

https://twitter.com/GenMhayden/status/1560027626626072577

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-cia-director-michael-hayden-republicans-most-dangerous
Now that's enough right there to scare the crap out of you.

Offline aligncare

I don’t see how we can reconcile the current chasm in the American population. It’s just too deep and wide.

Offline EdinVA

A British writer... I can understand his concern... We have been down this road with them before.

Offline rustynail

" today's Republicans as most 'dangerous' political force in history".......If only.

Offline Kamaji

A British writer... I can understand his concern... We have been down this road with them before.

The concern is more with the retired U.S. CIA director's comment.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

I don’t see how we can reconcile the current chasm in the American population. It’s just too deep and wide.

I don't enjoy being the bearer of bad news, but the divide is irreconcilable.

There is going to be a conflict and a consequent division of some sort. It may not be war, but it will change everything we have known, regardless.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

There is going to be a conflict and a consequent division of some sort. It may not be war, but it will change everything we have known, regardless.

I'm very afraid that's true @andy58-in-nh

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Much of our country has already been transformed.  The Great Reset is happening.  I think it is inevitable that there will be some kind of resistance.  To what degree, I'm not sure.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
ni·hil·is·tic
rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless:
9999what

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote (wisely):
"I don’t see how we can reconcile the current chasm in the American population. It’s just too deep and wide."

Once again, "Lurker's admonition":
"Peaceful coexistence with the left is not possible. Stop pretending that it is."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy predicts:
"I don't enjoy being the bearer of bad news, but the divide is irreconcilable.
There is going to be a conflict and a consequent division of some sort. It may not be war, but it will change everything we have known, regardless."

And Bigun responds:
"I'm very afraid that's true"

Fishrrman:
It IS true.
And... such conflict/division should be prepared for. It is not for the other side to resolve -- it is up to US to do so.

Back in the 1770's, when the Colonists realized the same "irreconcilable divide", they took the first steps toward resolving it -- by calling for an assembly of delegates from the aggrieved colonies.

They met first in 1774, and then again in 1775, creating a body that forged a new direction for the colonies, documents never-before-seen in the world, leading to "a Declaration", a conflict, and an entirely new nation with a new form of government.

Those assemblies were (of course) known as The Continental Congress.
Without them, we probably would not have had the guidance that produced the United States as it lasted for 200+ years.

And Andy's prediction above is exactly why we should be thinking of convening a NEW Continental Congress, with delegates (again) from "the aggrieved states", to discuss what is coming and what must be done in response to it.

Wasn't it Ben Franklin who drew this?

The "Heartland States" must re-join into a new entity.
Or else wither and die under the weight of democrat-communism imposed from the Washington DC government.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Republicans: "We want strong borders, fair elections, schools that don't teach our kids gender identity, to save babies, stop crime, and to protect our constitutional rights."

Former CIA Director: "These people are more dangerous than ISIS."

11:49 AM · Aug 18, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What about Communists and German American Bund?  They were dangerous forces in American political history.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

So, the former head of an agency restricted by law to acting outside of the US admits being a hyper-partisan.

That's a statement of fact, not a mis-punctuated question.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

It's clear to me now that the plan is after the November elections, after the GOPe throws it to the Rats, is basically for them to jettison the GOP and start a new party.  And they'll take all their money with them, leaving the Trump GOP as a shell.  That's their nuclear option, and I am convinced they will do it.

Offline Kamaji

So, the former head of an agency restricted by law to acting outside of the US admits being a hyper-partisan.

That's a statement of fact, not a mis-punctuated question.

Exactly.