Author Topic: 97% of corporate execs think US is in recession, heading for one  (Read 658 times)

Offline Kamaji

97% of corporate execs think US is in recession, heading for one: survey

By Megan Henney, Fox Business
August 20, 2022

The vast majority of corporate executives are bracing for a recession — or think the U.S. economy is already in one, according to a new survey.

Findings published by Stifel Financial show that 18% of corporate executives, business owners and private equity investors believe the economy has already contracted and is in a recession. That compares to about 79% of whom expect a downturn within the next 18 months.

By comparison, just a small fraction of executives — about 3% — think a recession will be avoided altogether.

“Given the uncertain backdrop, it’s understandable that companies are planning for a potential prolonged downturn and are considering various economic scenarios, as well as their approach to strategic planning over the next year,” said Michael Kollender, head of consumer, retail and diversified industrials investment banking at Stifel. “Market conditions and economic cycles often turn quickly.”

The study also showed that businesses think the biggest threat to profitability is painfully high inflation and a persisting labor shortage.

More than half of respondents — 55% — expect inflation to remain problematic for the next two quarters to a year, while another 43% anticipate high prices lasting even longer.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/20/97-of-corporate-execs-think-us-is-in-recession-heading-for-one-stifel-financial-survey/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: 97% of corporate execs think US is in recession, heading for one
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 03:18:12 pm »
What I wouldn't do to get  a listing of those 3% that don't.

Companies........ I sure don't want to own stock in.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 03:46:16 pm »
What I wouldn't do to get  a listing of those 3% that don't.

Companies........ I sure don't want to own stock in.

Or want to short.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »
catfish jumps out o' the water with:
"What I wouldn't do to get  a listing of those 3% that don't.
Companies........ I sure don't want to own stock in."

Hmmm....
Apple....?
Their sales may go down a little, but they'll probably still be doing fine.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 09:14:35 pm »
catfish jumps out o' the water with:
"What I wouldn't do to get  a listing of those 3% that don't.
Companies........ I sure don't want to own stock in."

Hmmm....
Apple....?
Their sales may go down a little, but they'll probably still be doing fine.

You have a citation where Cook said and was quoted that?  Please provide.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.