Author Topic: Kari Lake Slams Her Democrat Opponent for Cowardly Debate Move  (Read 652 times)

Offline Kamaji

Kari Lake Slams Her Democrat Opponent for Cowardly Debate Move

By Bonchie
Aug 20, 2022

Kari Lake is facing off against the mother of all Karens in Democrat Katie Hobbs in Arizona. The two gubernatorial opponents have been going at each other, with Hobbs trotting out the typical charge that Lake is too radical. That’s how you know a Democrat has nothing to actually run on, and Hobbs really has nothing to run on.

Perhaps that’s why Hobbs is trying to duck out on having to debate? According to Arizona’s Family, which represents two local news stations, the Democrat thinks she can avoid having to defend her positions by claiming that Lake will cause a “circus.”

For 20 years, the Citizens Clean Elections debate has been the one guaranteed time voters get to see their candidates for governor on the same stage in front of a statewide audience. But that streak may end. The Hobbs campaign says they want to participate. However, after what they saw in the Republican primary debate, they have concerns, saying, “We will not engage in a circus that insults and embarasses Arizonans. We do not need to look further than the last debate Kari Lake participated in for such an example.” Lake’s campaign told Arizona’s Family she has no issues facing Hobbs on stage.

It is not Hobbs’ job to decide what is a “circus” or not regarding any debate between her and Lake. Rather, it is up to the voters to decide what is acceptable based on having that open debate. I told you that she was the ultimate Karen, and here, she’s offering the ultimate Karen excuse, refusing to show up for a debate unless she can speak to the manager.

https://twitter.com/bonchieredstate/status/1556384503316316161

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/08/20/kari-lake-slams-her-democrat-opponent-for-cowardly-debate-move-n615140

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Kari Lake Slams Her Democrat Opponent for Cowardly Debate Move
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 11:33:31 pm »
It is not Hobbs’ job to decide what is a “circus” or not regarding any debate between her and Lake. Rather, it is up to the voters to decide what is acceptable based on having that open debate. I told you that she was the ultimate Karen, and here, she’s offering the ultimate Karen excuse, refusing to show up for a debate unless she can speak to the manager.

It would be great if we could get a debate. 

Any more....debates are a circus (in general).

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis