Author Topic: Biden Misled Public On Afghanistan; New GOP Report Finds  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Misled Public On Afghanistan; New GOP Report Finds
« on: August 21, 2022, 12:06:16 pm »

Biden Misled Public On Afghanistan; New GOP Report Finds

BY TYLER DURDEN
SATURDAY, AUG 20, 2022 - 10:30 PM
Authored by Susan Crabtree via RealClear Politics (emphasis ours),

The frantic and deadly U.S. evacuation from Afghanistan was so disorganized that 1,450 children were evacuated without their parents, and senior leaders in Vice President Kamala Harris’ and first lady Jill Biden’s offices, as well as one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, asked private veteran groups for assistance evacuating certain people from the country.

In the waning days of the evacuation, more than 1,000 women and girls waited more than 24 hours on dozens of buses, desperately circling the Kabul airport and trying to avoid Taliban checkpoints. Many of them were told multiple times they were not allowed to enter the airport. Now, nearly a year since the Taliban took control of the country, fewer than one-third of them have managed to flee the country.

These are just some of the findings in a new report by Republicans on the House Foreign Affairs Committee one year after the Taliban swept into the Afghan capital of Kabul, almost instantly rolling back more than two decades of U.S. and NATO military support and nation-building efforts.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/new-gop-report-biden-misled-public-afghanistan

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:07:13 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson