Author Topic: By the numbers: Keeping track of the single largest arms transfer in US history  (Read 146 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
By the numbers: Keeping track of the single largest arms transfer in US history

Washington has given billions of dollars worth of weapons to Ukraine. A timeline of what and when, and the price tag, since the start of the war.

AUGUST 18, 2022

Last updated on August 19 at 4:05 p.m.

Since Russia invaded Ukraine, the United States has sent over $9 billion worth of military aid to support Kyiv’s war effort. This massive arms transfer has included a wide range of weapons, from anti-armor missiles to helicopters and beyond.

With the constant flow of news about the war, it can be hard to keep track of all these weapons packages, so we at Responsible Statecraft decided to put together a timeline of every arms shipment that has been announced since the war began. And whenever a new transfer is announced, we’ll update this page to reflect it.

Before jumping into the timeline, it is important to note a couple of things. First, this list only contains publicly announced information. The Pentagon admitted on August 11 to sending at least one type of missile that had not been previously mentioned in their press releases, so there’s reason to believe that this list is not exhaustive.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/08/18/by-the-numbers-keeping-track-of-the-single-largest-arms-transfer-in-us-history/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:48:11 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If it is to ensure honesty, the suggestion can be forgotten about with this administration. 888blackhat
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson