Author Topic: Army hasn’t paid reservists housing money a year after a board said it broke the law  (Read 115 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army hasn’t paid reservists housing money a year after a board said it broke the law
By JOHN VANDIVER
STARS AND STRIPES • August 18, 2022

STUTTGART, Germany — The U.S. Army continues to defy an order by its highest review board to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in denied housing benefits to a contingent of reservists, lawyers for the soldiers said, sending the four-year-old dispute back to federal court for resolution.

“The Army willfully chose to disregard these governing provisions, thus elevating its conduct to the level of gross negligence,” Patrick Hughes, an attorney representing the seven plaintiffs, wrote in U.S. Court of Federal Claims filings this month.

It’s a new development in a case that one year ago appeared to have been resolved. The Army Board of Corrections determined in August 2021 that the service broke federal law in denying dual housing allowances to reservists temporarily sent to Germany.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2022-08-18/army-reserves-housing-lawsuit-7024056.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson