Author Topic: Sensing Russian Stall, US Rushing Arms to Help Retake Ukrainian Territory  (Read 137 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sensing Russian Stall, US Rushing Arms to Help Retake Ukrainian Territory

The latest weapons package includes MRAPs with special landmine-clearing devices–and brings the total to $10.7 billion.
MARCUS WEISGERBER and TARA COPP | AUGUST 19, 2022
UKRAINE PENTAGON WHITE HOUSE EUROPE RUSSIA

Sensing Russia’s momentum has completely stalled, the United States is rushing into Ukraine another $775 million in advanced missiles, armored vehicles, and artillery to help Kyiv’s counteroffensive to retake territory, according to a senior defense official. 

There’s “a complete and total lack of progress” by the Russians now, said the official, who briefed Pentagon reporters on Friday.

The latest weapons package includes additional HIMARS rockets, 16 105mm Howitzer artillery systems, ScanEagle surveillance drones, anti-mine MRAP vehicles, Javelin anti-tank missiles, and more. It follows a $1 billion arms package announced last week and brings the total aid to Ukraine provided by the Biden administration to $10.7 billion.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/more-ukraine-weaps/376080/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How is it the administration can't find enough money to finish the southern border wall but has no problem finding $10.7 billion for Ukraine? :shrug: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson