Author Topic: The Bad News for Democrats on Crime and Immigration  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Bad News for Democrats on Crime and Immigration
« on: August 20, 2022, 05:44:51 pm »
The Bad News for Democrats on Crime and Immigration
Opinion by Ed Kilgore - Aug 11

Fundamentals such as the president’s popularity, the condition of the economy, and turnout dynamics will have a bigger impact on the midterm elections than anything individual candidates say or do. But at the margins, campaigns really do matter, and major parties may benefit from their candidates reinforcing one another with the same messages. It’s with that in mind that legendary pollster Stan Greenberg took to the pages of The American Prospect with some empirically grounded advice for Democrats battling to survive what has long been expected to be an adverse election cycle for the party.

Like many Democratic analysts, Greenberg believes the midterm landscape has significantly improved in recent weeks, mostly because of a powerful reaction in key voting groups to the Supreme Court and Republican assault on abortion rights along with a renewed fear of gun violence. He also hopes recent Democratic legislative accomplishments might help if explained properly. But above all, Greenberg believes Democrats have to fully understand how angry voters are and avoid doing anything that smacks of self-satisfaction. Democrats, he writes,

should embrace the reconciliation bill when it passes, as Democrats helping poor, working, and middle-class families and fighting the big corporations, billionaires, and their lobbyists — and not as Democrats being rewarded for doing a good job or keeping their promises. This election, as always, has to be about the ordinary citizen, not the politicians.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-bad-news-for-democrats-on-crime-and-immigration/ar-AA10zqxy
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:45:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Bad News for Democrats on Crime and Immigration
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 08:33:28 pm »
It's not going to be "bad news" in the blue states.

Too many of the dem-com masses within are so ideologically conditioned that they'll continue to vote for the leftists, regardless of what they actually "see on the streets in front of them".

A relative few may wake up -- or, more correctly, be "un-wokened", but probably not enough to make a difference.