Author Topic: See how party affiliation has changed in Florida since the 2018 primary elections  (Read 1206 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For years Republicans have been making gains in voter registration numbers in Florida as compared against Democrats. But it wasn’t until November 2021 that active registered Republicans outnumbered Democrats for the first time. Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida Republicans have celebrated the milestone ever since. The margin is thin.
Registered Republicans lead Democrats by less than one percentage point, as of August 2022. Although the Florida Division of Elections site publishes data that include only active voters on their site, the Herald included active and inactive voters in all calculations and graphics, since inactive voters are still eligible to vote.
 When accounting only for voters designated as active, the Republicans lead Democrats by a little more than one percentage point and a half. Voters are classified as inactive when an “address confirmation” final notice sent by election officials is returned “undeliverable” or fails to elicit a response within 30 days. If they do not return to the polls over the next two federal general elections, request a mail ballot or change their registration information, inactive voters are removed from the rolls.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article264584481.html#storylink=cpy
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

Southern people are still “coming home” with voter registration, so you can mostly ignore the panhandle and heartland.  Ominous trends in Jacksonville and Orlando are offset by gains in medium sized counties.  Dade and Palm Beach are driving a material shift to the right statewide.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Southern people are still “coming home” with voter registration, so you can mostly ignore the panhandle and heartland.  Ominous trends in Jacksonville and Orlando are offset by gains in medium sized counties.  Dade and Palm Beach are driving a material shift to the right statewide.

Yep.  We always have to worry about thos Northern Cities in the deep south of FL>
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Question:
If party affiliation is changing to favor the Republicans, why is Marco Rubio (yes I realize he's a RINO) in possible trouble for re-election...?

Online cato potatoe

Question:
If party affiliation is changing to favor the Republicans, why is Marco Rubio (yes I realize he's a RINO) in possible trouble for re-election...?

29% are unaffiliated or minor party.  Also, the shift is only 3-4 points in a purple state, and the national GOP has lost its midterm advantage.  Races that were promising a few months ago have become competitive or losers.  Even so, I doubt he's running 12 points behind lightning rod DeSantis as that poll suggested.