Author Topic: Delivering Mission Capabilities to the Fleet via USVs: From Platforms to the Payloads  (Read 122 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Delivering Mission Capabilities to the Fleet via USVs: From Platforms to the Payloads
08/19/2022

By Robbin Laird

In my previous article highlighting the coming of autonomous unmanned surface vessels to the fleet, I underscored: “Autonomous USVs can provide wolfpack deployed ISR or relay systems to enhance the reach and survivability of the fleet in its distributed operational role.

They can also provide an ability to move data to other deployed task forces to provide for enhanced integrability to do so.

“This is about deploying autonomous USVs in a wolfpack to operate payloads appropriate to the mission assigned to them by the commander of the modular task force. This means that the nature of the payloads onboard the USVs and their ability to work as a mission team are key attributes of how an autonomous system wolfpack can contribute to the survivability of the fleet (situational awareness) and lethality (through target acquisition support).”

https://sldinfo.com/2022/08/delivering-mission-capabilities-to-the-fleet-via-usvs-from-platforms-to-the-payloads/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson