Author Topic: Ruling Class Turns On Conservative Americans  (Read 1020 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ruling Class Turns On Conservative Americans
« on: August 20, 2022, 01:03:24 pm »

Ruling Class Turns On Conservative Americans

Former top spy Gen. Michael Hayden says GOP are worst people in the world. Is he alone among his professional class?

Rod Dreher
Aug 17, 2022
9:21 PM

Did you see the tweet by Gen. Michael Hayden, the former CIA director? I wish to associate myself with these two comments by friends of mine:

Yes, imagine. Imagine that powerful elites like Gen. Hayden, who also ran the National Security Agency, and who have access to information about every single one of us (if you haven't read Edward Snowden, you need to inform yourself), think that their fellow Americans who belong to the conservative political party are a greater threat to this country than Islamic extremist terrorists, Communist fanatics like North Korea's regime, Putin's Russia, the Iran of the ayatollahs, or any other political bad guys. Gen. Hayden thinks Republicans are worse. As bad as Nazis: here's what he tweeted about the Trump administration's policy of temporarily separating children from the lawbreaking immigrant parents at the border:

Think about that. You don't have to have supported the Trump Administration's policy to understand that it was in another moral galaxy from freaking Auschwitz! But Gen. Hayden, the man who was America's top spy, now thinks Republicans are the most dangerous people on the planet.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/ruling-class-turns-on-conservative-americans/
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:04:39 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Ruling Class Turns On Conservative Americans
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 01:05:27 pm »
I have to believe Field Marshall Milley feels the same way. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 01:42:01 pm »
Just making my standard objection to the term "ruling class":

NO. NOT.

They are our frigging EMPLOYEES, not our rulers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 01:43:36 pm »
Turns?  This has been the attitude of the "intelligence community" for decades.  You don't conduct signals intelligence against your friends, you conduct it against your enemies.  We've known since Snowden's revelations that they regard the American people at large as an enemy.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:46:04 pm »

NO. NOT.

Yeah, sure, like the professional managers who run every aspect of corporations, including deciding what to lobby for, whether to adopt "green" or "DEI" policies, decide on each others pay-packages,... are "employees" of the shareholders.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 01:51:57 pm »
Yeah, sure, like the professional managers who run every aspect of corporations, including deciding what to lobby for, whether to adopt "green" or "DEI" policies, decide on each others pay-packages,... are "employees" of the shareholders.
You call them rulers if you want, I NEVER will. It's just the 'help' run wild.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 09:41:49 pm »
Smokin' Joe proffers:
"They are our frigging EMPLOYEES, not our rulers."

THEY don't think that way.
Not no mo', Joe.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 09:43:56 pm »
Smokin' Joe proffers:
"They are our frigging EMPLOYEES, not our rulers."

THEY don't think that way.
Not no mo', Joe.
Time to send them packing and let them get a real job.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 10:16:03 pm »
Wait... This is supposed to be something new?
It is not. The fight between the elite and Conservatives spans my lifetime.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 10:28:37 pm »
Conservative Americans are defined by these people as anyone who opposes their progressive agenda

Look how parents were labeled by the DOJ just for showing up at school board meetings to voice their displeasure at what their kids were being taught
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 10:29:15 pm »

QFT

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 01:08:15 pm »
It has changed, though. The "elite" of the old days were Americans (Rockefellers and Carnegie and Getty), and made their fortunes here. Now they are globalists and don't give a wet cow pie about America.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 05:51:52 pm »
It has changed, though. The "elite" of the old days were Americans (Rockefellers and Carnegie and Getty), and made their fortunes here. Now they are globalists and don't give a wet cow pie about America.

I do not see the difference. Those same names number among the globalists now, and did then too.
 :whistle: :shrug:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 05:55:43 pm »
I was going to say, "turns on" implies they were ever on our side to begin with.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 08:58:10 pm »
David observes:
"You don't conduct signals intelligence against your friends, you conduct it against your enemies.  We've known since Snowden's revelations that they regard the American people at large as an enemy."

OK, folks, just got to ask this:
A show of hands, please...
Remember back when Snowden first released those documents?

How many still consider him to be "a traitor" to America ??
C'mon, stand right up and tell us...

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 09:33:58 pm »
David observes:
"You don't conduct signals intelligence against your friends, you conduct it against your enemies.  We've known since Snowden's revelations that they regard the American people at large as an enemy."

OK, folks, just got to ask this:
A show of hands, please...
Remember back when Snowden first released those documents?

How many still consider him to be "a traitor" to America ??
C'mon, stand right up and tell us...
Well, he is. He and his collaborator Bradley "Chelsea" Manning, too.

Just because he wasn't on their side doesn't mean he's on ours. The Soviets were enemies of the Nazis, too.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2022, 10:51:05 pm »

NO. NOT.

But they think like they are our rulers. Therein lies the problem. If they thought like our employees they’d show up on time, do their job or get fired on the spot. No, I’m afraid that they think they are entitled.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2022, 07:36:22 am »
I do not see the difference. Those same names number among the globalists now, and did then too.
 :whistle: :shrug:
In the old days (about a century ago) the focus was on making money here (it was more secure, that way). Now, when entire countries can be manipulated to safeguard assets around the globe (or acquire them), the focus is no longer inward, and any loyalty to the USA is gone in pursuit of international profits.

I'm not saying there were no international types, but they were busy exploiting the colonial system that Europe had going on and making bank there, ours just seemed more homegrown for a while (there was plenty to exploit right here). WWI seems to be the break point, or the start, and post-WWII global profits moved to the fore.

C S Lewis