Author Topic: Layered Defense Rooted in Directed Energy Tech  (Read 136 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Layered Defense Rooted in Directed Energy Tech
« on: August 20, 2022, 12:47:35 pm »
Layered Defense Rooted in Directed Energy Tech
8/4/2022
By Joe Shepherd   

Defense Dept., iStock photo-illustration

The ongoing Ukraine-Russia war reflects the future of warfare: a multidomain fight across land, sea, air, space and cyberspace. It is a conflict blended between physical and electronic theaters.

It also reveals a future in which urban combat among large civilian populations is the norm, and next-generation capabilities such as unmanned aerial vehicles and hypersonic missiles are brought to bear — to say nothing about conventional infantry, ground vehicles, artillery and aircraft.

Foundational to achieving overmatch in this warfighting continuum and defeating emerging threats is a multi-layered defense architecture that harnesses the full breadth of the military and intelligence infrastructure. As the tip of this spear, warfighters and vehicles must be equipped with a range of electronic warfare technologies such as artificial intelligence, edge computing and directed energy.

nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2022/8/4/layered-defense-rooted-in-directed-energy-tech
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson