Author Topic: WTF? Scientists Have Recreated The Deadly Spanish Flu Of 1918 And Infected Monkeys — Here’s The 411  (Read 1054 times)

Online corbe

WTF? Scientists Have Recreated The Deadly Spanish Flu Of 1918 And Infected Monkeys — Here’s The 411

Written by K. Walker on August 18, 2022

Why would anyone do this?

In a piece titled, “Scientists Have Re-Created The Deadly 1918 Flu Virus. Why?” Forbes contributor Steven Salzberg examines what could possibly lead scientists to do this.

Salzberg begins by noting the intense controversy surrounding gain-of-function research after the COVID-19 pandemic that looks more and more likely to have its origins at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China, which conducts this very sort of research on bat coronaviruses.

Despite the unmitigated hell we’ve been through for nearly three years now from the virus itself as we watched elderly or immunocompromised relatives succumb to it, to the COVIDictators that insist on trampling our rights, forcing our kids to bear the brunt of the restrictions with “virtual” school, and insisting that communism is the only way to “reset” the world, some Big Brains with biochem degrees have decided it’s a great idea to continue on this “gain-of-function” path and recreate a pathogen that wiped out tens of millions of people because… Science.

“In the latest news, a team of scientists in Canada and the U.S. report that they have re-created the 1918 influenza virus and used it to infect macaques,” says Salzberg. “Let’s be clear here: the 1918 flu vanished from the Earth, long ago. It’s simply not a threat, or it least it wasn’t, until someone figured out a way to bring it back.”

Gee, thanks, Big Brains!

<..snip..>

https://clashdaily.com/2022/08/wtf-scientists-have-recreated-the-deadly-spanish-flu-of-1918-and-infected-monkeys-heres-the-411/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why?...I guess there is no way this virus can escape the lab.............../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why?...I guess there is no way this virus can escape the lab.............../s
Well not till late 2023 or early 2024 anyway.

Offline Kamaji

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My great-great uncle was a fighter pilot in WWI in France. Survived the war, died of the flu.

What exactly do these fools think they're doing?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My great-great uncle was a fighter pilot in WWI in France. Survived the war, died of the flu.

What exactly do these fools think they're doing?
I dunno. lock them in with their goodies and close the vents, pile lots of dirt on top.

Modern medicine is rapidly becoming the greatest threat to our health.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci is Now Performing Gain-of-Function on the Spanish Flu

By Tom Renz | Tom’s Newsletter | August 19, 2022

This will be short because it really does not need much comment. In fact, this is so absurd that I am just starting with the reference document because I am concerned no one will believe it. Here it is:

Yes, that is right, Fauci and crew are now actively performing gain-of-function (GoF) work and infecting primates with the Spanish Flu. For those of you that are unaware, GoF does not have a single agreed upon definition but, as it relates here, is essentially the modification of the Spanish Flu virus to make “more functional.” In this case, as with COVID, I have little doubt the GoF supporters will argue that this is not GoF but the article actually notes that this disease was created in canine kidneys with supplemental bovine serum. Here is a quote from the document:

Virus and cells. Influenza virus A/South Carolina/1918 (H1N1) was generated by reverse genetics (9) and handled in biosafety level 4 (BSL-4) containment at the National Microbiology Laboratory (NML). Sequences of the 1918 influenza viral segments were based on data reported under GenBank accession numbers DQ208309, DQ208310, DQ208311, AF117241, AY744935, AF250356, AY130766, and AF333238. 1918 influenza virus was cultured usingMadin-Darby canine kidney (MDCK; ATCC, Manassas, VA, USA) cells. MDCK cells were grown in minimum essential medium (MEM; HyClone) supplemented with 5% fetal bovine serum (FBS; HyClone) and 1 L-glutamine (L-Glu; Gibco, Life Technologies, Grand Island, NY, USA).

A passage 2 (P2) virus stock was prepared using MEM supplemented with 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) (fraction V; HyClone), 1 L-glutamine, and 1 mg/mL N-tosyl-L-phenylalanine chloromethyl ketone (TPCK)-treated trypsin (Sigma-Aldrich). This stock was used for animal inoculation. The mouse 50% lethal dose (MLD50) for this stock was determined previously to be 103.2 PFU (9); this value was confirmed prior to the use of the stock for macaque infection.

more
https://alethonews.com/2022/08/20/fauci-is-now-performing-gain-of-function-on-the-spanish-flu/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34