Author Topic: Head of the NYC Hotel Association says operators ready to house thousands of migrants  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Head of the NYC Hotel Association says operators ready to house thousands of migrants
By Carl Campanile and Bernadette Hogan
August 18, 2022 7:08pm  Updated

There’s room at the inn in New York City.

The head of the NYC Hotel Association said Thursday that operators are ready to put up thousands of migrants flocking to New York City in a boost to Mayor Eric Adams in his war of words with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Vijay Dandapani, president of the group representing nearly 300 hotels, likened the migrant crisis to the COVID-19 pandemic, when hotels sheltered the homeless, front-line medical workers and recovering coronavirus patients who needed to quarantine.

Vijay Dandapani, President and CEO at Hotel Association of New York City is willing to open his hotel doors for migrants.

Although Mayor Eric Adams has welcomed the migrants into the Big Apple, a feud is brewing with Texas Gov. Abott about the influx of asylum seekers arriving.

“DHS [Department of Homeless Services] has reached out to many potential suppliers for a bid to supply hotel rooms.  At this point, HANYC stands ready to help through the hotel community, as it has in the past during COVID when many in shelters were moved to hotels,” Dandapani told The Post.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/nyc-hotels-say-theyll-need-eric-adams-call-to-house-migrants/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:38:59 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Head of the NYC Hotel Association says operators ready to house thousands of migrants

How kind and thoughtful of those hotels to make rooms (empty of course) to illegal immigrants.  The monetary gain isn't in their minds, I'm sure.  I'm sure this is pure virtual signaling, er, brotherly love. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson