Author Topic: What Comes After the Coming Climate Anarchy?  (Read 458 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Comes After the Coming Climate Anarchy?
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:39:05 pm »
The “Coming Climate Anarchy”… Run Away!!!
18 hours ago David Middleton 68 Comments
Guest “Really?!?” by David Middleton

Did you know that “?!?” is an interrobang? Neither did I until I started writing this post.

What Comes After the Coming Climate Anarchy?

BY PARAG KHANNA

AUGUST 15, 2022 7:55 AM EDT

Khanna is the founder of FutureMap and author of the new book MOVE: The Forces Uprooting Us.

In 2021, global carbon dioxide emissions reached 36.3 billion tons, the highest volume ever recorded. This year, the number of international refugees will cross 30 million, also the highest figure ever. As sea levels and temperatures rise and geopolitical tensions flare, it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that humanity is veering towards systemic breakdown. The superpowers will be no salvation: Locked in a “new Cold War,’ the U.S. careens between populism and incompetence, while China remains locked down at home and alienates many nations abroad.

We’re not very good at predicting the next five days, let alone five years.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/18/the-coming-climate-anarchy-run-away/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:40:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What Comes After the Coming Climate Anarchy?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:09:44 pm »
"What Comes After the Coming Climate Anarchy?"

Greenunism...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What Comes After the Coming Climate Anarchy?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 06:10:29 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis