Author Topic: JUST IN: Warfighters Warn of Systems Overload  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Warfighters Warn of Systems Overload
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:28:55 pm »
JUST IN: Warfighters Warn of Systems Overload
8/17/2022
By Sean Carberry   

NOVI, Michigan — Technological advances are increasing lethality and giving warfighters more capabilities on the battlefield, but technology comes with costs in complexity, detectability, sustainability and mobility, according to Army officers.

The proliferation of sensors and new weapons, vehicles and other platforms is straining computer and human networks in brigade combat teams that have to operate and maintain the systems, said Col. Jon Meredith, commander of 1st Cavalry’s 1st Brigade, on Aug. 17.

“Because often what we've seen is we will build a system or put something into a brigade combat team, and we have not thought about the context of that … team and the implications of placing that system in an organization like mine,” he said during a panel discussion at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering and Technology Symposium organized by the Michigan chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2022/8/17/just-in-warfighters-warn-of-systems-overload
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:30:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson