Author Topic: Feds Swear Trump Investigation Was in 'EARLY STAGES' When FBI Stormed Mar-a-Lago. Oh, Really?  (Read 121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feds Swear Trump Investigation Was in 'EARLY STAGES' When FBI Stormed Mar-a-Lago. Oh, Really?
By Victoria Taft Aug 18, 2022 11:28 PM ET

During the hearing to determine if any of the documents used to get a warrant to raid Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, prosecutors told the judge that the investigation was in its “early stages” and argued to keep all of their documents secret for fear of giving the former president’s lawyers a “roadmap” to their case.

Judge Bruce Reinhart said he was inclined to release some of the documents and gave the government one week to come up with a plan to determine which documents would be redacted, released, or remain sealed. “I’m not prepared to find the affidavit should be fully sealed,” he told attorneys for the media, Judicial Watch, and the government. Reinhart, who’d previously recused himself from another lawsuit involving Trump, said, “I find on the present record the government has not met its burden of showing the entire affidavit should remain sealed.”

https://twitter.com/MarinaMedvin/status/1560346287689580546

Chalk up a temporary win for civil libertarians.

Still, the thought rolling around in my brain was the claim made in court that this investigation was in its “early stages.” This is a breathtaking statement. And it raises more questions than it answers. Let’s go through a few of them.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2022/08/18/feds-swear-trump-investigation-was-in-early-stages-when-fbi-stormed-mar-a-lago-oh-really-n1622220
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34