Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 147482 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2225 on: March 27, 2023, 07:12:58 pm »
The Russian reaction to the destruction of the pipeline was remarkably restrained.

As to why the Russians might have done it...when Cortes came to the New World, he burned his ships to signify to his men that there was no going back.  It could have been for Putin to quash any thought among other Russians that they could go back to a normal relationship with the West.

I've always thought the most likely scenarios was either that, or some non-national, anti-Russian group.

But the muted Russian reaction was really, really odd.

:thumbsup:

Offline DB

« Reply #2226 on: March 28, 2023, 05:51:10 am »
The Russian reaction to the destruction of the pipeline was remarkably restrained.

As to why the Russians might have done it...when Cortes came to the New World, he burned his ships to signify to his men that there was no going back.  It could have been for Putin to quash any thought among other Russians that they could go back to a normal relationship with the West.

I've always thought the most likely scenarios was either that, or some non-national, anti-Russian group.

Or he simply thought he could get western Europe to buckle under the pressure of a major energy shortage going into winter. That he had them under his thumb. He miscalculated on virtually every front.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #2227 on: March 28, 2023, 09:30:10 am »

:silly:

Are you really this much of a stooge?  Or are you (as I suspect) just trolling here for fun?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2228 on: March 28, 2023, 11:08:32 am »

Are you really this much of a stooge?  Or are you (as I suspect) just trolling here for fun?

:mauslaff:

Right out the gate with a personal insult - how intellectually and morally bankrupt.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2229 on: March 28, 2023, 11:42:11 am »

You know what trolling is?  Coming off the Freeper Mother Ship, and insulting solid Briefers, with your exaltation  of a former POTUS who added more deficit (even inflation adjusted) than any other in modern history  And the same one  that is coming across as a modern FDR with his "Trump Cities" that under my estimate will have a $10-15T price tag.

You sporting a Coolidge theme is pretty damned funny if you ask me
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2230 on: March 28, 2023, 01:32:01 pm »

I have no idea who you are, but I have yet to see you engage substantively with anyone, on any issue.  It's just ad hominems.

So just to save you future effort in my direction, you're the first one on my ignore list.  AMF!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2231 on: March 28, 2023, 03:47:53 pm »
New footage shows huge scale of Russia's death toll in Ukraine: Graveyard for troops 'that is so large it's impossible to walk across' is revealed as Putin's inner circle begin to distance themselves from his disastrous war

Graves of Russian volunteers, mercenaries and convicts appear in south Russia
Krasnodar connected to Crimea by the Kerch Bridge, which reopened Thursday

By WILL STEWART and JAMES REYNOLDS
28 March 2023

Startling new footage of war graves highlights the scale of the death toll Vladimir Putin has inflicted on his fighters in Ukraine.

The Goryachiy Klyuch graveyard in Krasnodar region is set aside for troops in the Wagner private army backing the Russian invasion.

This force comprising volunteers, mercenaries and jail convicts has seen tens of thousands of deaths, roped into suicidal 'human wave' death squads and thrown at the front line without hope of return.

The graves 'so large it's impossible to walk across' are revealed as a veteran Russian political analyst Dmitry Oreshkin believes there are now clear signs key players in the dictator's circle are distancing themselves from him, not wanting to drown in his 'bloody swamp' as he leads his people to a 'dead end'.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11911477/Huge-graveyard-Russian-troops-revealed-Putins-inner-circle-distance-war.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2232 on: March 28, 2023, 03:49:10 pm »
Scandal rocks Moscow elite after prominent Putin cronies are heard calling the Russian leader 'Satan' and 'dwarf' in 'leaked phone recording'

Russian oligarch and former senator Farkhad Akhmedov and high-profile Moscow music producer Iosif Prigozhin are allegedly heard speaking in the clip
Voices are heard tearing in to Putin, his war in Ukraine and even his height

By CHRIS JEWERS and WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE
28 March 2023

Moscow's high society has been rocked by a scandal after a pair of prominent Vladimir Putin cronies were allegedly heard insulting the Russian despot.

Oligarch and former Russian senator Farkhad Akhmedov and high-profile Moscow music producer Iosif Prigozhin, both supposedly supporters of Putin, have been accused of calling him a 'Satan' and a 'dwarf'.

An audio recording of what is reportedly a 35-minute phone call between the wealthy pair was shared by Ukraine's Channel Five and quickly jumped on by other outlets - as well as Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB).

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11911439/Scandal-rocks-Moscow-elite-prominent-Putin-cronies-heard-calling-Russian-leader-Satan.html

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2233 on: March 28, 2023, 07:49:19 pm »
Russia fires cruise missiles during training exercise in waters off Japan's coast

Russia’s Pacific Fleet fired a pair of supersonic missiles at a mock target in waters off Japan’s coast on Tuesday morning, the Russian Ministry of Defense said.

“A team of two missile boats carried out a joint missile strike against a sea shield simulating a simulated enemy warship,” the ministry said in a Telegram post. “The target was successfully engaged at a distance of 100 km (62 miles) by a direct hit from two Moskit cruise missiles.”

The maneuver on Tuesday comes after Russia conducted drills earlier this month in the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, with a submarine hitting a land target over 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) away with a Kalibr cruise missile – the same type of missile Moscow regularly uses in its war in Ukraine............

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-03-28-23/h_f603b28e48d324edbe1a486a458c552b
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2234 on: March 28, 2023, 08:20:40 pm »
Ukraine war: Germany sends much-awaited Leopard tanks

By Adam Durbin
BBC News
March 28, 2023

The first shipment of Leopard 2 tanks from Germany has been sent to Ukraine, the German defence ministry says.

Eighteen cutting-edge main battle tanks were delivered after Ukrainian crews were trained to use them.

Defence Minister Boris Pistorius said he was sure the tanks could "make a decisive contribution" on the frontlines of the war.

Challenger 2 tanks from the UK have also arrived, according to reports from Ukraine.

Ukraine has been calling for more modern vehicles and weapon systems for months to help fight Russia's invasion.

The Ukrainian government is yet to comment on the arrival of the Leopard 2s, but they have confirmed the arrival of the first UK-made Challenger 2 tanks.

Source:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65095126

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2235 on: March 28, 2023, 08:42:41 pm »
Russia fires cruise missiles during training exercise in waters off Japan's coast

Russia’s Pacific Fleet fired a pair of supersonic missiles at a mock target in waters off Japan’s coast on Tuesday morning, the Russian Ministry of Defense said.

“A team of two missile boats carried out a joint missile strike against a sea shield simulating a simulated enemy warship,” the ministry said in a Telegram post. “The target was successfully engaged at a distance of 100 km (62 miles) by a direct hit from two Moskit cruise missiles.”

The maneuver on Tuesday comes after Russia conducted drills earlier this month in the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, with a submarine hitting a land target over 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) away with a Kalibr cruise missile – the same type of missile Moscow regularly uses in its war in Ukraine............

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-03-28-23/h_f603b28e48d324edbe1a486a458c552b
So they hit what they aim at.

Al the more damning hitting residential blocks, then.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2236 on: March 28, 2023, 10:27:11 pm »
New footage shows huge scale of Russia's death toll in Ukraine: Graveyard for troops 'that is so large it's impossible to walk across' is revealed as Putin's inner circle begin to distance themselves from his disastrous war

Graves of Russian volunteers

@Kamaji

That right there is funny if you not a Russian of conscription age,or have  one in your family.

Nothing funny about being sent off to war at either gunpoint,or due to being given a choice between that and a labor camp in Siberia.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2237 on: March 29, 2023, 07:14:31 pm »
Ukraine strikes Russian-held city as talk of counterattack grows

By Isabel Keane
March 29, 2023

Ukraine struck the Russian-occupied city of Melitopol on Wednesday, damaging its railroad station and reducing power supplies as talk of a counterattack against depleted Russian forces gains traction.

Ukrainian shelling damaged the power system and knocked out electricity in the city and some nearby villages, Russia’s state news agency TASS reported, citing Moscow-installed leaders in the area.

Ivan Fedorov, the exiled Ukrainian mayor of Melitopol, confirmed that several explosions had taken place in the city.

Melitopol, located south of the Zaporizhzhia region and about 60 miles from the war’s front lines, is one of five Ukrainian provinces that Russia claims it has seized.

Russian officials said the railway depot in the city was also damaged in the strike. Melitopol is a railway logistics hub for Russian forces in southern Ukraine, linking Russia to the occupied Crimean peninsula.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/29/ukraine-strikes-russian-held-city-amid-talks-of-counter-move/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2238 on: March 30, 2023, 11:06:44 am »
Female Russian veteran claims medics used as sex slaves by officers in Ukraine

By Snejana Farberov
March 28, 2023

Female Russian combat medics serving in Ukraine are allegedly being pressed into becoming so-called “field wives” — or sex slaves, a report said.

The independent news outlet Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty published an interview Tuesday with a service member who said male officers force women into sex slavery — and those who refuse face horrible mistreatment.

The woman, who calls her Margarita, said in the interview that she has spent the past two months undergoing rehabilitation and is taking antidepressants for the severe trauma she endured in Ukraine.

Margarita said the harrowing experiences have left her suffering from constant nightmares and panic attacks.

“Even when I’m not alone and I’m doing something, I still see before my eyes all that horror,” Margarita said, referring to the brutality and abuse allegedly committed by Vladimir Putin’s officers against their own subordinates.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/28/female-russian-medics-used-as-sex-slaves-by-officers

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2239 on: March 30, 2023, 11:12:18 am »
Female Russian veteran claims medics used as sex slaves by officers in Ukraine

By Snejana Farberov
March 28, 2023

Female Russian combat medics serving in Ukraine are allegedly being pressed into becoming so-called “field wives” — or sex slaves, a report said.

The independent news outlet Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty published an interview Tuesday with a service member who said male officers force women into sex slavery — and those who refuse face horrible mistreatment.

The woman, who calls her Margarita, said in the interview that she has spent the past two months undergoing rehabilitation and is taking antidepressants for the severe trauma she endured in Ukraine.

Margarita said the harrowing experiences have left her suffering from constant nightmares and panic attacks.

“Even when I’m not alone and I’m doing something, I still see before my eyes all that horror,” Margarita said, referring to the brutality and abuse allegedly committed by Vladimir Putin’s officers against their own subordinates.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/28/female-russian-medics-used-as-sex-slaves-by-officers

@Kamaji

Communism is all about the Masters dominating the slaves because ONLY the master know what is good for the serfs.

Growing up in the USSR,she should have already known  and accepted this. After all,these are the same people that can execute you without question for not following their orders,so WHY would you be surprised at being forced to service their sexual needs? They  ARE your masters.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #2240 on: March 30, 2023, 11:36:54 am »
I have no idea who you are, but I have yet to see you engage substantively with anyone, on any issue.  It's just ad hominems.

So just to save you future effort in my direction, you're the first one on my ignore list.  AMF!

@Maj. Bill Martin

Sorry pal.  Not sure if you will click through to see this or not.   You and I may disagree on a lot of these issues, and that is fair.  However it is all on me for being a drive-by poster that just takes cheap shots.  I should refrain from that.  And will try to, unless I get booted on my ass.

You have a well crafted point of view, and defend it well.  Kudos on that front.

My only advice (for what it is worth): never become married to your own thoughts, when they are (by definition) born from an imperfect womb.  (Things are most always never what them seem to be on the surface.)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2241 on: March 30, 2023, 11:39:02 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Sorry pal.  Not sure if you will click through to see this or not.   You and I may disagree on a lot of these issues, and that is fair.  However it is all on me for being a drive-by poster that just takes cheap shots.  I should refrain from that.  And will try to, unless I get booted on my ass.

You have a well crafted point of view, and defend it well.  Kudos on that front.

My only advice (for what it is worth): never become married to your own thoughts, when they are (by definition) born from an imperfect womb.  (Things are most always never what them seem to be on the surface.)

@art.prout

@Maj. Bill Martin

Ok,it is now official. I have seen everything.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #2242 on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:58 am »
@art.prout

@Maj. Bill Martin

Ok,it is now official. I have seen everything.

Not sure what you see in that "SP" but you are a national treasure in my book.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2243 on: March 30, 2023, 12:01:46 pm »

You sound offended that someone would criticize your beloved Mother Russia.  Will you somehow make it through the day?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:06:01 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline art.prout

« Reply #2244 on: March 30, 2023, 12:05:52 pm »
You sound offended that someone would criticize your beloved Mother Russia.  The real question is.. are YOU trolling here for fun.. or $$$?

Try to keep up, one-note.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2245 on: March 30, 2023, 12:07:16 pm »

Try to get through the day, son.  You'll be OK.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2246 on: March 30, 2023, 12:44:59 pm »
OK, dolt.  Believe what you must.

We know, son.. your struggle is real.  You do know that eventually your beloved Mother Russia is going to fail in its unwarranted and criminal invasion of Ukraine, no?  Time is not on the orcs' side.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #2247 on: March 30, 2023, 12:50:05 pm »
Please stop the personal insults.  We have good people on both sides of this issue.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2248 on: March 30, 2023, 03:13:22 pm »
Please stop the personal insults.  We have good people on both sides of this issue.

I thought saying "good people" was Rayciss....

:happyhappy:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2249 on: March 30, 2023, 03:51:06 pm »

Is that you, Comrade Cranked?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus