Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152181 times)

Online Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2022, 07:21:51 pm »
Russia’s forces are drunk, armed with ‘obsolete’ weapons: Ukraine

By Snejana Farberov
October 4, 2022

Soldiers in Russia’s newly formed 3rd Army Corps fighting in Ukraine are often drunk, plagued by low morale and forced to use obsolete weapons on the battlefield, according to the Ukrainian military.

The Kremlin cobbled together the formation in June to replace the tens of thousands of troops killed or injured since the start of the invasion in February. It is composed of several brigades totaling some 15,000 mostly volunteer soldiers equipped with hundreds of tanks, Newsweek reported.

But according to an update from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Monday, Russia’s five-month-old unit is facing some major hurdles.

Citing unspecified “available information,” Ukraine’s military claimed that the 3rd Army Corps is unable to effectively perform its tasks due, in part, to “obsolete and unusable weapons and military equipment” that troops are being forced to use.

According to the General Staff’s update, servicemen in the unit have been known to arbitrarily abandon positions and refuse orders.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/russias-new-3rd-army-drunk-armed-with-obsolete-weapons/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #351 on: October 04, 2022, 07:42:12 pm »
In Lyman, retreating Russians leave their comrades’ bodies behind

WA Today by Adam Schreck and Vasilisa Stepanenko 10/5/2022

Lyman: Russian troops abandoned a key Ukrainian city so rapidly that they left the bodies of their comrades in the streets, offering more evidence on Tuesday of Moscow’s latest military defeat as it struggles to hang on to four regions of Ukraine that it illegally annexed last week.

Meanwhile, Russia’s upper house of parliament rubber-stamped the annexations following “referendums” that Ukraine and its Western allies dismissed as fraudulent.

Responding to the move, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky formally ruled out talks with Russia, declaring that negotiations with Russian President Vladimir Putin are impossible after his decision to take over the regions.

The Kremlin replied by saying that it will wait for Ukraine to agree to sit down for talks, noting that it may not happen until a new Ukrainian president takes office.

“We will wait for the incumbent president to change his position or wait for a future Ukrainian president who would revise his stand in the interests of the Ukrainian people,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

Despite the Kremlin’s apparent political bravado, the picture on the ground underscored the disarray Putin faces in his response to Ukrainian advances and attempts to establish new Russian borders.

More: https://www.watoday.com.au/world/europe/in-lyman-retreating-russians-leave-their-comrades-bodies-behind-20221005-p5bn86.html

Online berdie

« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2022, 07:58:30 pm »
Russia’s forces are drunk, armed with ‘obsolete’ weapons: Ukraine

By Snejana Farberov
October 4, 2022

Soldiers in Russia’s newly formed 3rd Army Corps fighting in Ukraine are often drunk, plagued by low morale and forced to use obsolete weapons on the battlefield, according to the Ukrainian military.

The Kremlin cobbled together the formation in June to replace the tens of thousands of troops killed or injured since the start of the invasion in February. It is composed of several brigades totaling some 15,000 mostly volunteer soldiers equipped with hundreds of tanks, Newsweek reported.

But according to an update from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Monday, Russia’s five-month-old unit is facing some major hurdles.

Citing unspecified “available information,” Ukraine’s military claimed that the 3rd Army Corps is unable to effectively perform its tasks due, in part, to “obsolete and unusable weapons and military equipment” that troops are being forced to use.

According to the General Staff’s update, servicemen in the unit have been known to arbitrarily abandon positions and refuse orders.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/russias-new-3rd-army-drunk-armed-with-obsolete-weapons/

The Ukrainians are fighting for their homeland. I really at this point don't care what Zelensky's politics are. The citizens of Ukraine can settle that.

The Russians, conversely, have been largely conscripted. They seem to be fighting out of fear of their own government. Not a real good situation. If I were in that situation...you would have to get me drunk as well.

Online DB

« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2022, 08:24:34 pm »
Russia should be told in no uncertain terms that any use of nuclear weapons will result in the end of Russia. Then let the people of Russia deal with Putin.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2022, 08:42:54 pm »
What if Putin detonates nukes in Kaliningrad?  That would be in the middle of NATO's northeast quadrant.

Putin could also deploy nukes forward to occupied Ukrainian territory to use the threat of potential radiation release to deter further Ukrainian offensives.

Russia Upgrades Nuclear Weapons Storage Site In Kaliningrad
https://fas.org/blogs/security/2018/06/kaliningrad/

Lithuanian officials puzzled by Russia’s threat to deploy nuclear weapons in Kaliningrad
https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-english/19/1673659/lithuanian-officials-puzzled-by-russia-s-threat-to-deploy-nuclear-weapons-in-kaliningrad

Kaliningrad Revisited: Where Putin's ​Nuclear Threat Is Most Chilling
https://worldcrunch.com/world-affairs/russia-nuclear-weapons

U.S. steps up intel, surveillance after Putin’s nuke threats
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/27/putin-nuke-russia-ukraine-intel-surveillance-00059020

Russia Simulates Nuclear Strikes Near EU
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/05/05/russia-simulates-nuclear-capable-strikes-near-eu-a77586
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2022, 08:54:59 pm »
Russia's nuclear arsenal suffers from the same lack of maintenance issues as the conventional military.  They haven't conducted a nuclear test in over 30 years.  And almost all previous tests occurred in Soviet republics other than Russia.  I don't see Russia setting off any nukes anywhere near Europe.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #356 on: October 04, 2022, 08:59:47 pm »
Maps posted four hours apart show scale and speed of Russian land losses

5h ago  |  11:29

Rybar, one of the relatively few Russian sources of military information, has posted maps which show in stark detail the scale of Russian difficulties in the southern Kherson region.

We have seen images of Ukrainian troops planting yellow and blue flags in various villages as they push through the Russian defences - or in lots of cases, occupy areas after Vladimir Putin's troops have withdrawn.

This map was posted by Rybar at 11am this morning.

The key is in Russian, so for the avoidance of doubt, the blue area is controlled by Ukraine, while the reddish-brown area is held by Russia and its proxies in Donetsk and Luhansk.

The striped area is the current warzone.

You get an idea of how quickly the Ukrainians are regaining territory (and remember, this is land "annexed" by Russia last week) in the same, updated map posted just four hours later, with the striped warzone having expanded towards a clutch of settlements.

Rybar's post, according to a translation, makes bleak reading for Russia: "In the northeast of the Kherson region, the RF Armed Forces regrouped... a decision was made to withdraw the contingent of the RF Armed Forces to a new line of defence.

"However, the absence of any retaliatory actions and counteroffensives in the near future will create a threat of a further offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Berislav and Novaya Kakhovka, as well as Kherson from the Posad-Pokrovsky and Snigirevsky sectors. In addition, the control of the Armed Forces of Ukraine over the coast of the Dnieper River is an immediate danger to the Russian contingent on the left bank of the Dnieper.  .  .

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-latest-news-zelenskyy-hits-back-at-musk-over-tycoons-peace-plan-ukraine-on-track-to-achieve-three-key-battlefield-objectives-12541713?postid=4584807#liveblog-body
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2022, 09:00:17 pm »
What about placing nukes near the front to use the threat of radiation release to slow the Ukrainian advances?

More than anything, Putin needs more time.  He hopes a Cold Winter in Europe will work to his advantage to weaken the resolve of NATO nations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2022, 09:38:14 pm »
Russia's nuclear arsenal suffers from the same lack of maintenance issues as the conventional military.  They haven't conducted a nuclear test in over 30 years.  And almost all previous tests occurred in Soviet republics other than Russia.  I don't see Russia setting off any nukes anywhere near Europe.
If Russia attempted a 'nuclear strike' (which is doubted) they would more likely nuke themselves than anyone else. They will discover that many of the parts, fuels, and metals are missing and have been sold on the global market by corrupt Generals over many decades.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2022, 11:47:13 pm »
@MightyOaksFDN founder @ChadRobo has been on the ground helping Ukraine, but he tells me he saw NO evidence of the billions of dollars in aide the US sent over: "There is no congressional oversight ... This money is going into a black hole."

https://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/1577407366655488001
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2022, 11:59:21 pm »
Russian 'mobilization' 1914
Mobilization of Russian troops on a German postcard from 1914. More than 100 years later nothing really changed.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2022, 12:02:40 am »
@MightyOaksFDN founder @ChadRobo has been on the ground helping Ukraine, but he tells me he saw NO evidence of the billions of dollars in aide the US sent over: "There is no congressional oversight ... This money is going into a black hole."

That's because the money isn't going to Ukraine.  Duh.  But the State Department seems to be drowning in cash right now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2022, 12:48:13 am »
Congress (both) voted against any oversight or tracking of this money at all. To a dictatorial nation which is renown to be the most corrupt money-laundering Capitol of the world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2022, 06:01:51 am »

https://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/1577407366655488001

@mountaineer

If that is the case,HOW does he even know the money was ever sent there,and not to various Dim offshore bank accounts?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2022, 10:45:17 am »
Just one question, please?

WTF has happened to Russia's airpower?

...okay, 2 questions...

Is global media keeping Putin's planes on the ground?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #365 on: October 05, 2022, 11:50:20 am »
That's because the money isn't going to Ukraine.  Duh.  But the State Department seems to be drowning in cash right now.
I wonder why Zelensky hasn't publicly complained, "Hey, where's all the money you've supposedly sent us?" if it's still sitting at the State Dept.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #366 on: October 05, 2022, 12:05:43 pm »

...okay, 2 questions...

They don't want them getting shot down.  They've already lost quite a few aircraft.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #367 on: October 05, 2022, 12:07:18 pm »
I wonder why Zelensky hasn't publicly complained, "Hey, where's all the money you've supposedly sent us?" if it's still sitting at the State Dept.

He's complained quite consistently about not getting the weapons he's been promised.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2022, 12:09:13 pm »
Thousands of Russian soldiers 'have already called Ukrainian hotline set up to let them surrender'

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE
5 October 2022

Thousands of Russian soldiers have already called a Ukrainian hotline set to surrender in a fresh humiliation for Putin's bedraggled army, officials have said.

Andriy Yusov, a spokesman for Ukraine's military intelligence, said that in just a few weeks some 2,000 people have called the 'I Want To Live' hotline in order to give themselves up.

Calls have come from soldiers in Ukraine, those still in Russia who have been conscripted, and some who have not even received draft orders yet who wanted to check the procedure, Yusov claimed.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11282447/Thousands-Russian-soldiers-called-Ukrainian-hotline-surrender.html

Online Kamaji

« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »
How Ukraine could achieve victory against Russia: As Kyiv's forces advance in the south and east, expert lays out the path to victory - with all roads leading to Crimea

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE
5 October 2022

'This war began with Crimea and must end with Crimea - with its liberation,' President Volodymyr Zelesnky declared back in August. And, according to military experts, that is exactly what his generals are aiming to do.

Ben Hodges, former commander of American forces in Europe, has outlined what he believes to be the Ukrainian route to victory - going via the cities of Kherson and Mariupol and ending 'when the last Russian soldier crosses the [Kerch] bridge out of Crimea.'

General Hodges, now at the Center for European Policy Analysis, believes Ukraine's main effort will remain capturing Kherson in the south - where a major assault has been underway since early August - with a secondary attack hooking down through the Donbas and towards the city of Mariupol.

When Mariupol falls, he told a CEPA conference last week, those troops would also converge on Crimea - hammering the peninsula with HIMARS rockets and forcing the Russians back beyond the border.

Dr Mike Martin, a visiting fellow of war studies at King's College, also raised the prospect of a third assault with Ukraine using its reserves to split the Russian frontline in two and making it difficult for Putin to move reinforcements around as he gave his own thoughts on Twitter.

Nothing is guaranteed in war, and Putin will certainly do everything in his power to stop Kyiv - from piling conscripts on to the frontlines to possibly using a nuclear weapon.

But, as Ukraine's path to victory becomes clearer, MailOnline examines how it could play out...

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11278851/How-Ukraine-achieve-victory-against-Russia-according-experts.html

Online DB

« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2022, 03:17:57 pm »

...okay, 2 questions...

Technology. Antiaircraft weapons are very affective these days. Russia's air force would be gone in short order if they used it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #371 on: October 05, 2022, 03:40:53 pm »

He has complained.  But not about money he never asked for.  He has complained repeatedly about weapons promised that have not been delivered.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2022, 03:54:25 pm »
He has complained.  But not about money he never asked for.  He has complained repeatedly about weapons promised that have not been delivered.

:thumbsup:

Offline bilo

« Reply #373 on: October 05, 2022, 03:58:53 pm »
What about placing nukes near the front to use the threat of radiation release to slow the Ukrainian advances?

More than anything, Putin needs more time.  He hopes a Cold Winter in Europe will work to his advantage to weaken the resolve of NATO nations.

I think you're on to his strategy. If Putin places nukes in supply depots the Ukrainians will not be able to destroy the depots and Putin can resupply the Orcs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #374 on: October 05, 2022, 04:00:16 pm »

...okay, 2 questions...

HARM missiles
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home