Author Topic: Pentagon’s command and control concept needs work, Army official says  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Pentagon’s command and control concept needs work, Army official says
By Colin Demarest
 Aug 18, 10:13 AM

AUGUSTA, Ga. — The burgeoning nature of Joint All-Domain Command and Control, the Pentagon’s overhaul of military communications, means coordination across the armed services and broader governance are still a work in progress, a top U.S. Army IT official said.

“I think we’re all on a bit of a journey,” Lt. Gen. John Morrison, deputy chief of staff, G-6, said Aug. 17 at the AFCEA TechNet Augusta conference. “There is work to be done on making sure that we synchronize all the service efforts. But I know that senior leaders in the Department of Defense and senior leaders in the Army are working it very hard.”JADC2 calls for a wholly connected military, with links across land, air, sea, space and cyber enabling speedy and accurate responses to threats. The concept is a significant departure from past and present, where disparate technologies and networks operated by different services impede the flow of information.

https://www.militarytimes.com/battlefield-tech/it-networks/2022/08/18/pentagons-command
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:50:18 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson