Author Topic: Marine Ospreys Still Flying, Despite AFSOC Stand Down  (Read 247 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Ospreys Still Flying, Despite AFSOC Stand Down
« on: August 19, 2022, 10:42:47 am »
Marine Ospreys Still Flying, Despite AFSOC Stand Down
Marine Corps says it has known about the hard clutch issue for 12 years, and is trained on how to respond to the failure.
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | AUGUST 18, 2022 05:23 PM ET
MARINE CORPS AIR FORCE NAVY

The Marine Corps will keep operating their Osprey tiltrotor aircraft despite Air Force Special Operations Command’s decision to ground all their Ospreys because of safety concerns with the aircraft’s clutch.

AFSOC Commander Lt. Gen. Jim Slife directed the standdown of the CV-22 Fleet Tuesday “due to an increased number of safety incidents,” according to a command statement. “Since 2017, there have been four incidents involving hard clutch engagement during flight, with two occurring in the past six weeks.”

The AFSOC safety standdown was first reported by Breaking Defense. Variants of the V-22 Osprey are flown by the Marine Corps, Air Force, and Navy.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/marine-ospreys-still-flying-despite-afsoc-stand-down/376055/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Marine Ospreys Still Flying, Despite AFSOC Stand Down
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:44:29 am »
The Marines have known of the problem for 12 years so they have another 12 before they have fix the problem. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson