Author Topic: The Naval Brief: V-22 clutch woes; Ships' decom timeline; Social-media rules; and more...  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Naval Brief: V-22 clutch woes; Ships' decom timeline; Social-media rules; and more...
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | AUGUST 18, 2022 07:51 PM ET
NAVY THE NAVAL BRIEF MARINE CORPS INDUSTRY RUSSIA

Welcome to The Naval Brief, a weekly look at the news and ideas shaping the sea services’ future.

Osprey clutch woes. The Marine Corps will continue to fly its MV-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft, even after Air Force Special Operations Command grounded its Osprey fleet due to problems with the clutch, Defense One reports. The Marines have known about the problem for more than a decade and created emergency procedures for aircrews in case the failure occurs, officials said.

Decommissioning schedule. The Navy has released a proposed schedule for retiring 39 ships—including 24 warships—after fiscal year 2023 starts in October. But Congress is mulling laws that would prohibit some of the ships' retirement.

New social-media rules. A new Pentagon policy on using social media asks troops and DOD civilians to report fake accounts that spread misinformation about the military, Defense One reports. The policy also has guidance on records management for accounts.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/the-naval-brief-august-18-2022/376063/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

The Marines have known about the problem for more than a decade and created emergency procedures for aircrews in case the failure occurs, officials said.
Why hasn't this been fixed?  We are putting out troops lives at risk here because of someones apathy... criminal