Author Topic: Army Microsoft Combat Goggle Test ‘Adequate,’ Pentagon Says  (Read 345 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Microsoft Combat Goggle Test ‘Adequate,’ Pentagon Says

ByAnthony Capaccio
August 18, 2022 at 11:43 AM EDTUpdated onAugust 18, 2022 at 2:22 PM EDT

Three weeks of tests were enough to determine if Microsoft Corp.’s new combat goggle will be more effective than the model it’s intended to replace, and senior leaders will get early results by the end of the month, the Pentagon said.

The testing that ended June 18 was “adequate to support an assessment of operational effectiveness, user acceptance, suitability, and cyber and electronic warfare vulnerabilities” of the goggles, Jessica Maxwell, spokeswoman for the Penta gon’s test office, said in a statement.

The test office expects to give Army leadership preliminary results by the end of August, with a final report going to Congress in October, Maxwell said. Microsoft won’t be given access to the draft report for comment, she said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-18/army-test-on-microsoft-combat-goggle-adequate-pentagon-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army Microsoft Combat Goggle Test ‘Adequate,’ Pentagon Says
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:34:26 am »
In Milley's woke military, our troops deserve the very most ADEQUATE money can buy?  That should make Americans feel safer. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 11:33:37 am »
So we are relying on microsoft to win wars?   :thud:

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 03:33:24 pm »
Not to worry, our CIC has been a political pariah for nearly 50 years and knows what to do with the military. tri22
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 04:12:05 pm »
So we are relying on microsoft to win wars?   :thud:

Of course!  Don't you know about the Holy BSOD?!?  We'll chuck it at our enemies, and that'll be the end for them!