Author Topic: Syria Demands U.S. Withdraw Forces 'Immediately' After Rocket Strike  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Syria Demands U.S. Withdraw Forces 'Immediately' After Rocket Strike
James Bickerton - Wednesday

The Syrian government has demanded the United States "immediately and unconditionally withdraw its military forces" from the country, just one day after rockets were fired near a base containing American troops.

The U.S. has around 900 soldiers in Syria, mostly split between the At-Tanf base in the south and the country's eastern oil fields.

They work with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), a disproportionately Kurdish militia, to combat the remnants of ISIS.

However, the Syrian government, led by President Bashar al-Assad, has long considered their presence illegal and demanded they leave.

The Syrian Foreign Ministry reiterated this position in a statement on Monday that read: "The American side must immediately and unconditionally withdraw its military forces that are present on the territory of Syria illegally, refrain from stealing and smuggling Syrian oil and wheat, and lift the cover and protection from armed separatist groups and armed terrorist groups that are present."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/syria-demands-u-s-withdraw-forces-immediately-after-rocket-strike/ar-AA10LdD8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1af50f5632574429b2556378ebcfc79c
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Syria Demands U.S. Withdraw Forces 'Immediately' After Rocket Strike
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:27:03 am »
I think they should leave it - with the sands glowing! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson