Author Topic: Our Best Look Yet At The Air Force’s EC-37B Compass Call Jamming Jet  (Read 252 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Our Best Look Yet At The Air Force’s EC-37B Compass Call Jamming Jet
Emma Helfrich - Yesterday 8:34 PM

The U.S. Air Force has released new photos and a brief video of the next-generation EC-37B Compass Call electronic warfare jet. The recently shared media offers the clearest official look yet at the jet, which is intended to replace the Air Force’s current aircraft that handles the Compass Call's mission, the EC-130H. 

The footage and images of the EC-37B were captured after the aircraft arrived at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tuscon, Ariz. on August 17 for a brief visit with the 55th Electronic Combat Group Airmen to show off its progress. Both the service and L3Harris, the platform integrator for the program, last year explained that the EC-37B would be delivered for testing at around this time of year, suggesting that the aircraft’s development timeline is, as it stands, somewhat close to being on track.

The EC-37B, once completed, will be used to perform the overall Compass Call mission, “disrupting enemy command and control communications, radar, and navigation systems to restrict battlespace coordination,” according to the Air Force. This is achieved through providing critical stand-off electronic warfare jamming support, which is ideal for use against adversarial communications systems rendering the enemy unable to relay important information. It can also be used for other types of electronic attacks and jamming. On top of that, a secondary intelligence gathering functionality further rounds out the Compass Call system by allowing it to spot, track, and geolocate a variety of emitters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/our-best-look-yet-at-the-air-force-s-ec-37b-compass-call-jamming-jet/ar-AA10OOE4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=11c9ae8dfa884091a53b9f87862d8f69 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:14:15 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Our Best Look Yet At The Air Force’s EC-37B Compass Call Jamming Jet
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 04:16:22 pm »
The EC-37B looks to be a replacement for the EC-130H Compass Call. The EC-37B is based on the Gulfstream G550 business jet. That the announcement of L3 as the systems integrator was in 2017 has me wondering whether some of the products of a former employer that I might even have worked on will be part of the EC-37B.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Our Best Look Yet At The Air Force’s EC-37B Compass Call Jamming Jet
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 05:44:39 pm »
The EC-37B looks to be a replacement for the EC-130H Compass Call. The EC-37B is based on the Gulfstream G550 business jet. That the announcement of L3 as the systems integrator was in 2017 has me wondering whether some of the products of a former employer that I might even have worked on will be part of the EC-37B.

In which case we better call the Airforce to scrap the entire project and start fresh!

/jk!

:silly: