Author Topic: Manchin: Democrats ‘Never Said’ Inflation Reduction Act Would Immediately Bring Down Costs  (Read 696 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Democrats ‘Never Said’ Inflation Reduction Act Would Immediately Bring Down Costs

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
August 17, 2022 2:49 PM ET

Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin claimed Democrats “never said” the newly passed Inflation Reduction Act would immediately bring down costs.

The senator admitted to Fox News reporter Hillary Vaughn that the reconciliation package will not “immediately” bring down the costs of groceries and everyday goods. Several Democrats have said Americans will see prices go down thanks to the legislation.

“Is it misleading to call this the Inflation Reduction Act for Americans when it’s not going to make their grocery bill cheaper, it’s not going to make everyday goods cheaper for them at least immediately?” Vaughn asked.

“Why would it? Well, immediately it’s not,” Manchin responded. “But we never said anything happens immediately like today, turn the switch on and off.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/17/joe-manchin-democrats-inflation-reduction-act-reduce-costs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline EdinVA

The check must have cleared...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

The only way th fix this is to repeal the 17th Amendment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The only way th fix this is to repeal the 17th Amendment.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

Oh my God.  Who wants to move to WV and run for senate?  Sheets moved there from NC, McConnell moved to Kentucky from the peach state.  It could work. 

Offline Kamaji

Oh my God.  Who wants to move to WV and run for senate?  Sheets moved there from NC, McConnell moved to Kentucky from the peach state.  It could work. 

Would the state have as a senator someone who moved there just to run for the Senate?  Isn't that sort of part of the core meaning of the term carpet-bagger?

Offline cato potatoe

Would the state have as a senator someone who moved there just to run for the Senate?  Isn't that sort of part of the core meaning of the term carpet-bagger?

I don't know.  West Virginia also blessed us with a Rockefeller for about 50 terms. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The GOP needs to introduce the "Mother Earth Climate Justice Bill" that allows for unrestrained coal mining, oil and gas drilling, and the construction of new coal fired and nuclear power plants.

The Dems pulled this same bait & switch nonsense with Obama-care.  "You can keep your current doctor."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 03:40:23 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

The GOP needs to introduce the "Mother Earth Climate Justice Bill" that allows for unrestrained coal mining, oil and gas drilling, and the construction of new coal fired and nuclear power plants.

The Dems pulled this same bait & switch nonsense with Obama-care.  "You can keep your current doctor."

:thumbsup: