Author Topic: Despite inflation, gas prices easing, some Americans worry economy is still struggling  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published August 18, 2022 9:00am EDT
Despite inflation, gas prices easing, some Americans worry economy is still struggling
Many Americans say economy hasn't recovered despite eased inflation

By Isabelle McDonnell , Megan Myers | Fox News

ST. LOUIS – Americans outside Busch Stadium told Fox News how they felt about the state of the economy, with many believing the worst isn't over.

"I think we’re in a recession," Eric, from St. Louis, said. "The economy is slowing down."

But Carl, visiting St. Louis, said the economy is "getting better."

"It’s recovering," he said.

Nearly three-quarters of registered voters said the U.S. economy is still struggling, while the remaining quarter believed the worst financial struggles are over, according to a recent Fox News poll.

"I don’t think it will turn a corner for a while," Becky, from Springfield, Missouri, told Fox News. She said America needs to be more self-sufficient and increase domestic oil production.

"Our gas prices are horrible," Becky said. "Our economy is horrible."

Gas prices dipped below $4 a gallon in August after surpassing $5 per gallon in June, a record high, according to AAA. Inflation, which hovered at 40-year highs through much of 2022, decreased slightly to 8.5% in July, according to the Department of Labor.

Yet some Americans said they still felt the impact of inflation.

"We have runaway inflation," Bill, from St. Louis, told Fox News. "I think we’re headed to a recession."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/despite-inflation-gas-prices-easing-americans-worry-economy-still-struggling
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

"Easing"????

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Latest attempt to try and convince us things are getting better...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

My whole life, the dems have been changing definitions to suit their deranged view of the world.  But this scam has an expiration date --- people eventually run out of cash. 

Offline LMAO

Despite their best efforts, it isn’t selling
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

Energy is a significant component of real world inflation.

The Green New Deal / Global Climate Change crowd is causing disruption and dislocation in traditional energy markets.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:10:16 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Great, gas prices have gone a fraction of what they went up under Brandon, so what? I went shopping for my mom today and there is absolutely no easing in prices anywhere else but gasoline. If they think anyone is buying this malarkey they are as insane as Biden who I understand has announced he is running for 2024 :silly: :silly: :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Just because the inflation rate truly is 15% instead of 20% absolutely doesn't mean things are getting better.  All it means is the race off the cliff is a little slower.

Only tool in the dimocratic tool belt left is obfuscation.  May they all burn in hell for what they wrought.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.