Author Topic: The US Air Force is stocking up on stealth jets in Alaska, and its pilots are learning to thrive in  (Read 192 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US Air Force is stocking up on stealth jets in Alaska, and its pilots are learning to thrive in harsh Arctic conditions
Christopher Woody Aug 16, 2022, 3:31 PM

The last of Eielson Air Force Base's 54 F-35s arrived in April, ending a two-year buildup.

The F-35s and F-22s in Alaska give the state a heavy concentration of fifth-generation firepower.

Those jets are also using Alaska's location and terrain for advanced and wide-ranging training.

With the arrival of the 54th F-35 at Eielson Air Force Base in April, Alaska became home to the world's largest concentration of fifth-generation fighter jets.

https://www.businessinsider.com/alaska-f35-pilots-learning-to-operate-in-harsh-arctic-conditions-2022-8
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:22:45 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson