Author Topic: US airstrike in Somalia kills 13 militants, DoD says  (Read 289 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US airstrike in Somalia kills 13 militants, DoD says
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:55:16 am »
US airstrike in Somalia kills 13 militants, DoD says
By Irene Loewenson
 Aug 17, 12:54 PM

A U.S. airstrike killed an estimated 13 al-Shabab militants in Somalia on Sunday, according to a U.S. Africa Command news release Wednesday.

The airstrike is the seventh such attack against the Islamic militant group confirmed by AFRICOM in 2022. All but one of this year’s strikes have been launched since May, when President Joe Biden authorized the military to deploy hundreds of special operations forces to Somalia.

Biden’s order reversed former former President Donald Trump’s late-presidency withdrawal of the counterinsurgency forces that had been stationed in the country for more than a decade.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2022/08/17/us-airstrike-in-somalia-kills-13-militants-dod-says/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:56:24 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: US airstrike in Somalia kills 13 militants, DoD says
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:57:13 am »
Did they get Jihad Spice in the raid?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:58:41 am »
I can hear Ilan Omar bitching about her countrymen being ruthlessly slaughtered by the US Military already. *look*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 11:03:00 am »
In Minnesota?