Author Topic: Biden approval rating ticks up 3 points in one week: poll  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden approval rating ticks up 3 points in one week: poll
« on: August 17, 2022, 07:00:46 pm »
 Biden approval rating ticks up 3 points in one week: poll
by Caroline Vakil - 08/17/22 2:54 PM ET

President Biden’s approval rating ticked up 3 percentage points in the past week, according to a Politico-Morning Consult poll released on Wednesday, as Democrats scored a major legislative win with the passage of their climate, health and tax reform package.

The poll showed that 42 percent of registered voters said they approve of the job Biden is doing as president. The same poll released last week showed Biden’s approval rating was at 39 percent.

At the same time the number of registered voters who said they disapproved of his job performance dropped from 59 to 56 percent.

The latest poll is likely welcome news for Democrats less than three months ahead of November’s midterms. Presidential approval ratings are considered one indication of how the president’s party will perform in elections, though Democrats still face other headwinds.

The survey was conducted in the days after House Democrats passed a sweeping health, tax reform and climate bill with every member of the caucus voting in favor. Senate Democrats had passed the bill through reconciliation the previous week.

The Politico-Morning Consult poll was conducted between Aug. 12 and Aug. 14 with 2,005 registered voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3605531-biden-approval-rating-ticks-up-3-points-in-past-week-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden approval rating ticks up 3 points in one week: poll
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 07:04:05 pm »
They credit the Inflation Reduction Act for the uptick..wait until the idiot people realize this bill does nothing to help inflation... smart move by the rats in Congress naming this Bill...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 07:04:49 pm »
Dead cat bounce

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 07:08:47 pm »
The focus hasn't been on Joe and all of his failures; but rather on bringing down Trump.  Cheney will keep that focus alive, helping to divert the much needed attention as to what the DEMS are doing to destroy us. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 07:14:25 pm »
Three points is not an improvement, it's within a margin of statistical error.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 07:21:40 pm »
The focus hasn't been on Joe and all of his failures; but rather on bringing down Trump

This has probably helped with Joe Biden‘s approval ratings.  Most of the attention has been on the raid and primaries

It appears the Democrats are going to make the midterms about Donald Trump. And it probably won’t help them much in House races but may make a difference in the Senate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 07:23:18 pm »
They credit the Inflation Reduction Act for the uptick..wait until the idiot people realize this bill does nothing to help inflation... smart move by the rats in Congress naming this Bill...

As of now, most Americans probably couldn’t tell you what’s in this bill except through snippets they’ve seen on the news.

However, after Labor Day is when the campaign season really gets underway and the public starts paying more attention
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy